Magnetic Kill Switch

sleazy p

Similar tale here.Fell off Beta,me and the bike got trapped under an exposed cast iron water pipe that we play on,the bike was stuck on full chat in third gear,with the throttle buried in the ground,couldn`t stop it for what seamed like an eternity,but was probably about 30 seconds.When I got the bike out,there was no compression and it wouldn`t start,After stripping it,i needed a new barrel and piston.But after talking to one of the guys who races,he said that even with the magnetic kill,if your bike is stuck on full throttle,the spark plug acts like a glow plug and keeps on running,anyone else heard this?

The kill switch hopefully will have killed the bike before the handlebar has had chance to dig into the ground, so the engine will be dead before the throttel is wedged open!

As soon as you let go of the throttel it will close, as the lanyard is pulled the engine dies and then when the bike falls to the floor it will not rev it's nads off.

• Like 1

Are they universal for all bike types ? I need one for my GG before I kill it or someone else, spending an awful lot of time dragging it out of bushes at the moment...

Are they easy to fit ? I wont have a clue where to start !

I'm pretty sure all products have there limitation and this one wont wrap your bike in bubble wrap, think like this, if its saves you 1 snapped montesa rear mudguard then it's paid for its self 4 times over, I just cut my original switch out and soldered the magnet one in, lazy yep, but that's why I have a Montesa!!! :)

Are they universal for all bike types ? I need one for my GG before I kill it or someone else, spending an awful lot of time dragging it out of bushes at the moment...

Are they easy to fit ? I wont have a clue where to start !

Yes they are universal and easy to fit.It replaces the original kill switch one on one. It's probably necessary to replace the connectors. When in doubt, ask someone for help to fit it.

There should be a wiring diagram included with the magnetic kill switch.