Betor Gas Shock Springs

hoodie2

Hi. I have a 76 TL125 that came with new 360mm Betor gas shocks. I think the springs may be the 50lbs ones and am wondering if I can source the lighter ones somewhere. With the pre load on the lightest setting and all the Gas released they still feel stiff. I'm about 80kg in gear. Is there any way to tell which springs they are and does someone in the UK sell just the springs?

Cheers

if you can measure the wire diameter, the coil OD and count the number of free coils, the rate can be calculated. Post the numbers here and I will do it

I would say that John Cane sells springs for trials Betors

I was watching Michael A on his Bantam two weeks ago, it is fitted with betor gas and 50lbs springs, his shocks hardly moved either, and Michael is probably a tad over 80 kgs ! Seems to be a common problem.

I find that 50 pound springs on Falcons gives a fantastic action. I suspect that Betors have a bit too much compression damping which makes them ride a bit harshly when combined with springs that are on the stiff side.

I have Betor's on both mine and my girlfriend's Whitehawks, both with 40lb springs. One set are the plain metal bodied, the other alloy, and both work all the way to the bump stops. John Cane does indeed sell them, and can tell you which springs you have by the OD of the wire.

Mark

not being funny but the best place for the betors is the skip, tried them and then changed to falcon and so much better. The falcons follow the ground much better whereas the betors felt stiff and woody. Only what I think though !!!!!!. Good luck.

Here are the details for the springs I have; the wire is 6mm, it has 12 coils and the spring is 55mm. Does this help anyone to identify if these are 50lb or 40lb springs? If it turns out I've got 50lb ones I'll try contacting trail & trials and see if they can supply loose springs.

Cheers

Hoodie.

Here are the details for the springs I have; the wire is 6mm, it has 12 coils and the spring is 55mm. Does this help anyone to identify if these are 50lb or 40lb springs? If it turns out I've got 50lb ones I'll try contacting trail & trials and see if they can supply loose springs.

Cheers

Hoodie.

Those numbers give 50 pounds per inch