Why So High Revs?! Mental!

shercoben12

Ben, that hill is a lot steeper than its looks on the clip, plus its loose sand. Without those revs he would not have gone anywhere, the power would just taper off quickly.

• Like 1

Ben

often 2 strokes don't rev out initially due to oil / fuel build-up in the crankcases being thrown into the combustion chamber (all that low revs running).

With that gradient, he needed full revs (power) immediately.

If you've ever watched the supercross (2 stroke days) you'll have seen them red lining the motor for 2-3 seconds (clouds of smoke) before the gate dropped.... same reason.

Dom

Well maybe even he would do it a bit differently were he to pull that hill again but when an awesome guy does something awesome, I'm not going to say he's wrong

He sure did rev the bark off it though huh

Bloody Hell!! nice climb.

I would have to rev a 125cc up that high just to move forward 3 inches on flat ground.

balls- that was a terrific ride by Ross but he didnt need to hold on full open as long before letting the clutch out, that said it's one of them things I'd say that wasn't intentional by him

It does appear that there is a point where he was going to launch but for some reason held off for a second or two and then went vrrroooooom!

Its all about the torque curve of the motor and the revs. Most 125's will not pull a big hill in 3'rd gear without special gearing like a 48 rear or they will fall below their peak power range and falter as they do not have the excess power to recover.

Seems he is feathering the clutch as well, hoping to keep in range.