French Wtc Round At Isola 2000

NAD1

Has anyone been here before to spectate?? If so how was it and would you recommend going?

I'm thinking of driving down with Adam at end of August but not sure on accessibility of venue etc etc.

I've been to a French WTC round before and it was amazing - practically took over the whole village for the week.

I missed Penrith as I was away this weekend but luckily my wife and dad took Adam so he still went and loved it... Now I'm wanting to go again and Isola 2000 is last round this year so needs to be there.

Anyone else going this year?

Thanks

Its a very long way downfrance, in a ski resort.

Isola 2000 is at that height, 2000m!

You can usually get a chalet or apartment, but difficult to book.

its in a valley with a dramatic airstrip, so fun if a plane lands or takes off. not many places to eat as most is shut (out of season)

Trial was ok very few spectators sections ok to get to on foot a bit further round than hawkstone I would say. Interesting if it rains.

It's pretty much as Dabster describes it. I'm sure it looks very nice in winter covered in snow, but off season it's a bit of a 60's concrete jungle. Very easy to get around. Everything is set around the lower ski slopes so nothing strenuous to walk.

An alternative might be the Trial des Nations the weekend after at La Chatre. Still in France, but in the middle so not so far to drive. Ladies World Champ on Friday, Ladies TdN on Saturday and Men's TdN on Sunday. Atmosphere is good at the TdN as the only ones who really take it seriously are the Spaniards so there's good banter and it's more relaxed.

Cheers guys.

Hadn't thought of TdN actually so not a bad shout Andy - load nearer and always looks a very relaxed, chilled out atmosphere.

Can't believe the spanish take it seriously.. They've pretty much won when they arrive : )

Anyone going to TdN??

Edited by nickday1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Me and my wife are thinking of going to Isola but I have really no idea how the place is like, except what I've seen on google maps. What is a Wtc like? Relaxed atmosphere in the village and easy to find hotel and restaurant? Or is it it overcrowded and full booked hotels?

The plan is to fly to Nice and rent a car and also do some hiking in the Mercantour area the days after...

Isola 2000 is a ski resort which means it has plenty hotels and restaurants. However, because it's off-season, not all of them are open. You should be able to find accomodation no problem though if you book now and whilst those restaurants that are open are busy, as long as you book a table, you'll be fine.

In terms of the Trial, it's all set around the lower ski slopes so it's all easily walkable. If it's the same as previous years then no section would be more than 10-15 minutes walk from the paddock. Last time there were no big crowds so it was easy to get up front and get a good view.

Just seen the pre-entry list for Isola and because they're running Ladies WTC and Mens at the same time, plus the fact a lot of riders have come early for TdN the following week, the pre-entry list runs to 132 riders. No shortage of stuff to watch.

Perfect! I think someone also said there will be a training camp for the ladies in the area the days between WTC and TdN...

The flight is now booked and I'm really looking forward to see all the top riders live!!

Have anyone found an official webpage for this event? i would like to know more about the venue, entrance fee, starting times ans so on.

Andy, where did you find the pre-entry list?

• 3 weeks later...

I've just seen the French trial results on the front page of TC for day one and they certainly have put a cat amongst the pigeons.

Raga will be pumped. I hope it doesn't go to his head and he keeps his cool.

It's good to see Fajardo getting a good result for a change.

What the heck happened to Bou and Fuji ? Perhaps he is still suffering from his injury and stitches at the Uk trial. I know he's not fully recovered so maybe this is it.

Dabs had a good result as did Ferrier and Pol in the juniors.

Some excellent Brit results on the youth as well.

Does anyone have anymore info ?? I love this up to the wire stuff . It makes it more interesting :)

Edited by gasgas249uk

Bou says he has not ridden much since his injury at Penrith, but a lot of it is psychological. Tomorrow will come down to who holds their nerve. Spoke to Adam tonight and he's on good form but the pressure may just be too much.

• Like 1