Trials Des Nations

nigel dabster

Wiggy has beaten Sheppard at every event they have ridden together so on performance alone he should go.

Sheppard has failed to shine at the junior level (only 4 podiums this year 2 wins and two 3rds I think), and as mentioned at the most recent event the supertrial Alexz beat Shep on the day.

BTC much the same, don't have the stats to hand.

At the beginning of the year Alexz made the difficult decision that he couldn't self fund the WTC but was ranked 11th,Sheppard 6th in juniors. Jarvis rode in the tdn team for 3 years I think when not riding wtc so cant see the logic?

Everyone has their favourites, mine is clear, but based on results/standard of riding.

Jack has a good team behind him at the mo and he has some sponsorship. He's very motivated as well and its part of the Jitsie gang that James Duxbury doors a great job of looking after. It all builds up into a great support mechanism. It's a pity that Wiggy can't ride more . The expense soon builds up. Can't he dive in with other team members to keep the cost down?. Was he asked?

Id guess getting a place depends on many different factors not just that your the best rider. Dougie and Graham wouldn't want to ride that's for sure. Moved onto pastures new. I'm sure no one suggested they would of course.

Im not been funny to everyone here but as you say. Yes Alexz made the choice not to ride the worlds and yes BTC and Supertrial he beat Jack. However Alexz trains at Seymours? So tbh he should have won!

In regard to the previous comment made regarding Top 4 riders in britain,the TDN is selected on World Round performance. Therefore Jack is above Alexz. So if the selection is on the WTC performance (no disrespect to Alexz) It puts him way down the order behind Jonathan Richardson,Bradley Cox,Dec Bullock,Andy Chilton,Jack Spencer,Adam Milner,Jack Price and Iwan Roberts. After they all showed they could ride in Penrith.

Sorry to rant but i just people automatically take sides when they dont know the fact and posting a status on facebook like they do when it doesnt go how they want is awful tbh.

Just to correct you three times, Alexz didn't "choose" not to ride the worlds, he couldn't self fund or get enough sponsorship to fly around the world for him and a minder, and as he paid hundreds of dollars for a bike Australia in 2012 he simply couldn't afford it. Should he be excluded because of this?

He was ranked in the pro class for 2013 a class above sheppard, who like all those listed have never ridden the top route.

Never before has wtc riding been a qualification for the tdn team, perhaps you'll remember Jarvis riding for at least a couple of years when not in WTC??

SSDT notice you didn't mention Alexz was leading that and finished above two members in the tdn team one of whom was Sheppard?

so perhaps its you who should check the facts, tbh?

Im not been funny to everyone here but as you say. Yes Alexz made the choice not to ride the worlds and yes BTC and Supertrial he beat Jack. However Alexz trains at Seymours? So tbh he should have won!

In regard to the previous comment made regarding Top 4 riders in britain,the TDN is selected on World Round performance. Therefore Jack is above Alexz. So if the selection is on the WTC performance (no disrespect to Alexz) It puts him way down the order behind Jonathan Richardson,Bradley Cox,Dec Bullock,Andy Chilton,Jack Spencer,Adam Milner,Jack Price and Iwan Roberts. After they all showed they could ride in Penrith.

Sorry to rant but i just people automatically take sides when they dont know the fact and posting a status on facebook like they do when it doesnt go how they want is awful tbh.

so next year if Dabill doesnt want to ride world rounds because of whatever reason but then would be available to ride the TDN, he wouldnt be selected- Rubbish

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...