Two Stroke Trials Exhaust Question

mr neutron

It got put back together & ridden yesterday! :banana2:

I got a new midbox/silencer for the bike, as well as a new throttle (the one with the adjustment that controls how far it can be opened), and a bunch of other miscellaneous bits & pieces. Still have more stuff coming, but I was thrilled to get it put together enough for a ride!

I used a cheap plastic welding kit to repair the rips & holes in the rear fender. Stuck some stainless steel screen in there with the soldering iron/welding tool. Then I attempted to use the filler rod & sorta smooth things over somewhat. It came out uglier than a bucket of buttholes, but it has held well so far.

I used the same tool on the airbox, but managed a slightly better looking job, barely. I also used zip-ties & black silicone sealant on the airbox.

GasGas02_zps70cd6b93.png

Since the split airbox & fender now had some ratty graphics, and since I needed them off in a few places to make repairs, I took all the graphics off. I will look into some graphics kits from either S3 or Jitsie sometime in the future. I pretty much now have one of the ugliest 280 Pros in existence, but it's rideable again!

GasGas01_zpsf43f05ae.png

The little black deal clamped onto the end of the new exhaust is my spark arrestor, which is needed to be able to ride on National Forest property......

So far, for the one ride I have on these repairs, everything has held together just fine. It's great to be riding & crashing again! Thanks for your help here, Fellas! You guys are truly a metric ton of help/advice, and I appreciate y'all!!!

Jimmie

Added in Edit:

Bill (that's_a_five), I went to Lolo Pass & rode some of the sections from the trial events the two previous weekends. Went with the the guy that took 3rd in the Novice class one day of the PNTA event, a young Intermediate rider, & the Int. rider's father, who rides Advanced. What a tough trial that would have been to ride! Some of those sections were seriously tough for folks of my skill (or rather lack of skill) level. I couldn't believe what they had some of the Int. riders do. I rode a few of those section, but had to chicken out on one. Didn't feel the need to make a run to the hospital quite so soon after finally getting to ride again, ya know? Barry probably would've aced everything!

Edited by mr neutron

Jimmie,

The PNTA events are always set harder than local club trials. Intermediate is usually a pretty good step up from Novice class.

Better to be safe and be able to go to work or tide tomorrow than to try some superman stunt.

I have heard the riding at Lolo Pass is awesome. Hopefully I will be able to ride there some day. I will be riding with some buddies in our "playground" on Monday. I think Barry will be riding with his daughter at a different place. He is getting pretty good on his Sherco. I am going to have to get him to move up so I have half a chance to win any events. I think he and I will be heading over to Leavenworth this weekend for the PST event.

Glad to see that you got the bike back together. Time for fun!

Bill