New Repsol Fever............

johnnyboxer

Few, thank god I got mine, you'd have to be extremely desperate to pay that price. Start of the new year, their probably be easier to get hold of. I was told that Montesa have been surprised that the Repsol's are selling more than the standard bike and they are having difficulty meeting the demand! Seems a lot still want the Showa suspension and although the standard bike looks very nice, obviously lots want the Repsol, which looks stunning. ;-)

Edited by shedracer

Anybody know if Honda will start exporting bikes to the USA again? Some seem to think so, but I haven't seen any announcements. Would be a real pitty if someone sold there old bike, thinking the new ones were coming.

Anybody know if Honda will start exporting bikes to the USA again? Some seem to think so, but I haven't seen any announcements. Would be a real pitty if someone sold there old bike, thinking the new ones were coming.

Happy to supply a bike to the us, cost of uk bike plus shipping plus $500 for me.

Happy to supply a bike to the us, cost of uk bike plus shipping plus $500 for me.

Do you take checks written on my Nigerian account? :hyper:

Some folks bring them down from Canada now - just didn't see any official announcement that Honda/Montesa was back in the USA.

There does come a point when if you can afford something expensive, you can afford something very expensive & so the choice between the standard 4RT & the Repsol 4RT is pretty much a choice between the second most expensive and the most expensive trials bikes on the market.

This probably also explains what telecast has observed with the purchase of Future Racing versions of the 4RT. Though it does dispel some preconceived notions about Yorkshiremen & their money!

In a recession the bottom of a market (cheap) and the top of a market (expensive) always fare better than the middle market.

• Like 1

I know it's a free market and you can do as you like, buts it's a shame that someone bought this bike, just to sell it on straight away for profit! Would of been nice, if someone who really wanted one to ride, got it, instead of a profiteer!

• Like 6

I know it's a free market and you can do as you like, buts it's a shame that someone bought this bike, just to sell it on straight away for profit! Would of been nice, if someone who really wanted one to ride, got it, instead of a profiteer!

Totally agree, not very sporting is it

Somebody, a real Trials enthusiast who is waiting for one, to arrive in the UK could have bought it from the dealer and be riding it this weekend, instead

Morning Johnny, Andy and the guys,

1st of all i am a real trials enthusiast to a point where I ride 3-4 times a week, I am also a fully paid up member of various trials clubs in and around the midlands!!! The bike retail is £6799 and I paid £92 to register the bike.

I only advertised it on ebay and the like to see what reaction it got and judging by the reaction on here it caused a big one… and yes if someone had come up with the asking price I would have sold it, end of...

I'm pretty sure Johnny over the years whatever you do and whatever you have sold you have made profit at some point...

The bike will now be used as of today as it should be in the mud over rocks etc etc.

I'm pretty sure you will all be happy now it will be dirty by about 1PM today :hyper:

Regards,

Phil.

Edited by factory
  • Like 5

Morning Johnny, Andy and the guys,

1st of all i am a real trials enthusiast to a point where I ride 3-4 times a week, I am also a fully paid up member of various trials clubs in and around the midlands!!! The bike retail is £6799 and I paid £92 to register the bike.

I only advertised it on ebay and the like to see what reaction it got and judging by the reaction on here it caused a big one… and yes if someone had come up with the asking price I would have sold it, end of...

I'm pretty sure Johnny over the years whatever you do and whatever you have sold you have made profit at some point...

The bike will now be used as of today as it should be in the mud over rocks etc etc.

I'm pretty sure you will all be happy now it will be dirty by about 1PM today :hyper:

Regards,

Phil.

Nice one Phil, you certainly got the old chins wagging, but good to hear you are going to ride the new bike, good on you, enjoy. :-)