Trials Fat Bar Conversion ?! Pros / Cons, Tips Etc

ps1995

Hi there ,

At one of my local event I recently had a go on another bike with a fat bar conversion and it felt a lot roomier and better than my usual standard cross bar on my beta rev 3.

Just wondering what is needed to covert to fat bar ? If so is it any worth it ?

I'm looking at either a renthal fat bar or a jitsie fat bar

Cheers

P

Hi i converted my Rev 3 by buying some far bar conversion clamps,that bolted to the lower originals,which is cheapest way,but most trials bar are the same width,give or take,or you could try and find a top triple tree of a later model,that has fat bar clamps as standard.

I've got Fat bars on my trusty old 240 pro , Tag bars and adapter clamps . And I've got a set of S3 adjustable mounts waiting to go on my section , when I get around to it ....

I like the roomier feeling and extra body movement I get from good fat bars . And it may be my imagination , but I think I get alot less vibration thru my hands with them too , Make s for a more comfortable ride for me .

Glenn

Cheers for all your quick replies,

i am thinking of purchasing a universal fat bar conversion clamps for around £30, and a set of Renthal fat bars

is this all i would need to convert it?

It seems worth it for the conversion with lots more room and less flex,

Cheers, P

Here we have a pic of Hebo fat bar adapters on a 4RT. Just bolted straight on.

upside:

Love my Renthal fat bars for the feel: softer as 'mcman56' said which makes them less tiring, less prone to bending.

Also, shortened the bars by 25mm a side to give me that extra clearance between the trees.

downside:

Looks like it could be a dentist's dream come true as there is no bar pad that will fit.

1d197c17-f08c-4918-b1bb-0adc678bb4d1.jpg

Edited by ross brown

I've got Fat bars on my trusty old 240 pro , Tag bars and adapter clamps . And I've got a set of S3 adjustable mounts waiting to go on my section , when I get around to it ....

I like the roomier feeling and extra body movement I get from good fat bars . And it may be my imagination , but I think I get alot less vibration thru my hands with them too , Make s for a more comfortable ride for me .

Glenn

My 240 vibrated more with Fatbars,swapped back to protapers,the fatties I had were stock Sherco.

Looking at the renthal fat bars , the width would be near enough the same as my standard renthal bars.

Will have to check the rise of the bars due to cable lengths etc...

What does the high rise mean in terms of riding position ?

I will purchase some adapters from trial uk

P

Higher bars will have you standing up straighter when you ride. This can reduce the weight on the front end, reducing front grip a little. Because I am 6 feet tall (185cm) I found that about 1" higher bars was much easier on my back because I didn't need to crouch as much. Also, the grips are 1" closer to my body when going up very steep obstacles. I had to adjust my throttle hand a little to get full throttle.