Food 1

nigel dabster

I find a good bowl of cereal at home, topped up with a Banana just before the start of the trial usually sees me through.

And a nice flask of hot milky coffee is something to look forward to at the end. :ph34r:

Edited by Cubby

In 1979, the year of his World Championship Bernie told me about his morning routine. He said that he started the day with an ice cold shower, nothing to eat and two espresso coffee's. That way, he said by the time he got to the first section he was angry and he stayed that way all day.

Martin Belair

US Montesa

I've always gone for "the full english" but after reading Bernies book think maybe not beating Perce is simply down to what I eat. :ph34r:

What, joking apart, is the best food on the morning of the trial? :blink:

You wont beat me as long as you've got a hole in your ....!

Get yourself on PSP2 by the bucketful. O & an 04 bike might help :D:D

Edited by PERCE

a nice bacon and egg butty when you first get up :blink: ...then like the hobbits ...for 2nd breakfast have a large coffee with some beans and blackpudding :D ....oh and some red bull if you need some energy :D

those days have gone for a while though ...mrs has put me on a strict diet :ph34r:

regards

N

I reckon it's got to be pasta. You can make it up on a Saturday and just microwave it in the morning. Stuff as much pasta as you can get, but got to be about 3-4 hours before you ride. Couple of bananas an hour or so before and as much water as you can guzzle down.

I used to do this for Rugby and carried it over. Believe me, if it gives me enough steam to get my middle aged 18 stone round the expert route it can't be all bad.

No - I don't normally feel much like pasta on a Sunday morning either but gotta carb up.

Get yourself on PSP2 by the bucketful.

Perce is on the money.

From my slighly more athletic days (when I didn't have a Fat Face), it was two slices of toast (no butter) 500ml of High5 - maybe a Powerbar on the way. Then it was dig in - break away - hammer (the cyclists/triathletes amongst you will understand this).

I have observed frequently that Trials is actually quite a physical sport :ph34r: , so may be a bit of body prep can be included after oiling the chain on a Saturday night - and I don't mean oiling the throat.

Hydration is your key - if you run out of water your dead. If you start running out, then your performance will deteriate very quickly. Forget your coffee and Red Bull - too much caffine. PSP, High5, isostar, etc are the boys to have in your flask.

This is the theory - I can't claim to practice it now - I'm too lazy.

Holectomy for me then. :ph34r:

Give us a clue - Holectomy??

I can cope with Andy's Unix but can't speak Inglish ferry well. :D

He needs sealing up tighter than a ducks :blink:

Ah - It all becomes clear now I realise which post he was replying to. I even asked my better half what a holectomy was. She didn't know either and she's a nurse thing. She'll be asking them tomorrow at work - wonder if any of them will work it out.

Whats this about Playstation 2 helping your trials though? :D

:D

Never eat much in the morning when at school, as I have 10 minutes to get ready as Im a lazy git.

In the weekends I ride both saturday and sunday, so I have time to eat if I feel like it...It will be one of the following stuff.

Iced Tea with EVERYTHING foodwise, I'm a fond lover.

Toast, with jam (more expensive, the nicer it is), beans, boiled egg...or nothing.

Cereal, anything with dryied banana, can't be doing with that 'Coco Pops' crap. Weetabix is a bit tasteless and sickly on its tod, mix some apple chunks, banana, orange peices or anything you find.

Smoothy, get your hands on a smoothy maker (just a food mixer) and chuck every fruit you find in with it, a spoon of sugar, and some milk, leave it for about 5 minutes on the spin so its properly cut up (drink some in the morning, take a cup out with you on a ride).

Coffee and buscuits. Chocolate/Orignal HobNob buscuits, coffee with 2 coffees, no sugar, to wake you up.

Toasty, get a toasty maker, heat it up, but the bread on, then cheese, then beans, then tomato sauce (optional) and then the other bread, close the toasty maker, leave for 5 minutes...nice.

Buttie, Bacon (smoked/normal from butchers ONLY, not packaged, its loads nicer) and fresh UNCUT bread. Cut the bread about 5cm thick, and plaster in tomato sauce.

EXPRESSO MACHINES ARE GENIUS INVENTIONS!

Happy Eating!

HRC

Edited by HRC2002