2002 280 Txt

spike2450

Hi

I purchased a txt 280 last week and had a couple of sessions, now i'm getting down to some maintenance, thanks to the forum i'm putting in some ATF dexron111, approx 450ml has gone in to the oil level sight glass, however i have measured the oil that i removed and it amounts to 720ml !!. Previously With the engine running i had difficulty in selecting neutral and had presumed it was a worn clutch, i have now tried it with 450ml and its going into neutral ok. My worry is how long the muppet i had brought it from had used the gas gas and does anyone think it would have caused any damage?. The idle also now seems lower !!!

You should really be running at least 650cc's (ml) of transmision oil. Accrding to my dad's Gas Gas manual (older than the TXT but same engine!), it says run 750cc of light transmision oil. Check the technical pages of the GasGasUSA website, because it is extremly good and most of the posts are for the TXT Edition or older. Or phone Kev Hipwell at GasgasUK, he's very helpful!!

BA is correct. 450cc is for the Pro motors only. Don't worry about the sight glass, it only lets you know you haven't run out of oil completely. Not accurate as a level indicator in most cases.