Cd Project (Zonetrial) In Belgium Can We Trust?

osiris

Hi guys!

Thinking to order and deliver a Montesa in CD Project (Belgium). Cannot find any positive/negative reviews in the net. Has anybody ever purchased anything from them? their web site www(dot)zonetrial(dot)com.

Christian Deltombe, the owner, seems rather professional, polite and respectful.

Anyway, I will appreciate any opinions and/or reviews about this company. Thanks!

and happy new year!

Edited by osiris

Yesterday mr Christian declined our deal. He motivated the cancellation that he is disappointed because I sent to him about 5 emails asking to separate the bike in order to move it over the border to Russia. He didn't agree to demount the front part of a bike and send it to my Finnish address just with 6-8 bolts unscrewed IN ONE ORIGINAL PACKAGE or in TWO BOXES as he is able. His last reply was full of negative and anger. I was confused how a seller can say these words to a customer. His style is absolutely different form even russian businessmen.

Hi Andrey
Lissen, please, don't pay the bike, we stop the deal!
I waist my time, I made so many quotation for UK, for Finland, in 2 boxes, in 1 box, by Paypal, by visa and now back for 2 boxes........ Please!
My condition is clear and I will not move anymore.

Please, take into consideration that my first email included all essential needs to demount the front part and the rear wheel. Our negotiation has taken just 3-4 days. He really sent me just ONE invoice and ONE picture of a closed box.

He didn't reply to me with the price to deliver 2 boxes. Delivery cost to my UK and finnish addresses were the same. So, his last reply was empty for me, he just revealed his poor own view to me.

I explained to him that my friends in UK and Finland cannot move whole package, they have to divide the box and they cannot use special tools. All I needed was to unscrew some bolts within original box. For me it would take just 15-20 minutes.

Regarding the payment, he refused to withdraw money from my MasterCard. In Russia we use these cards anywhere, we almost doesn't use cash since 2010. He forced me to make the payment directly to his account. This method and Paypal means to pay +5-6 percent more then Mastercard. I cannot find any reason to be cheated in case i pay thru cards.

His prices are not the best and his conversation style is cheap. If i were the seller, i would cover all customer requirements

Hence, I cannot recommend this company and the owner to deal with.

This person eventually has declined all prospective deals with the vast russian market. There are so many riders are obsessed with trials bikes in Russia, but anyway he has broken the link to us. I am sincerely sure that he has lost a lot.

Anyway, there are a lot of montesa's dealers over Europe. I will post additional information when complete the next deal with another seller.

I realise that that is not so easy to sell a bike directly to Russia, but it is really easy to sell to EU countries as I wanted.

Finally, I feel bad when a seller do not want to serve a client. Hence, I conclude that this company and this particular person don't do an appropriate job.

This opinion is my own and I grasp all things related to the deal. Please, post your own ideas how can we work with an international trials dealers. I desire the times when we will more opened to each other.

Actually my family lives in AU, NZ and Canada, and I have never met this style of trading.

Another thing which slightly confused me was that nobody of the dealers located in Spain and Italy didn't answered me when i sent about 15 emails to them in english.

Thanks!

Edited by osiris

If 15 dealers in spain or Italy don't answer, the little webshop in Belgium is the bad guy...

Maybe he has had problems before, with what you 're asking him (I don't know...!)

I never had problems with the service of zonetrial...

I Feel sorry, it didn't work for you as you wanted...

There could be other issues to discuss but the owner just suddenly cancelled our deal explaining that he spent so much time to make enquires to me. I was ready to get the bike as is in original box in Finland, and i wrote to him about it as one of three options.

there is my previous letter to him

Dear Christian,

We have decided the payment issue.

However, there is a problem to disassemble the bike. My carrier said that it is not possible to move over the border a whole box.

I would suggest you to unpack the bike in your shop, than demount the front part and the rear wheel, than repack these parts into 2 boxes just it paper boxes. I will pay for this service to you.

Than you can ask your carrier to deliver 2 smaller and lighter boxes then it was from your place to Finland. It should be even cheaper because of compact size and weight.

I bought my former bike from UK the same way. Look at the picture attached. Of course, the dot4 liquid was poured out from the front brake system, I have it here.

OR there is another option. You can arrange delivery to my address in UK, and there my friend will do what I want. For me this option is much less appropriate because it will take more time, aprox +2weeks. That's why this option as a reserve one. And of course, I can trust this specific demount to you then to anybody else.

The last option is our first scheme when you just send the parcel to Finland as is. I am not sure am I able to find somebody in Finland to disassemble the bike.

I apologize in advance that I am such silly client and is wasting your time. For me this weird process is quite complicated. I thought that it is easier especially within moto-mate's circle. I found a dealer of Beta who offered beta 2014 4t 300 bike even cheaper, who is ready to disassemble the bike, but I desire to purchase a Montesa instead.

Really there are no any risks for him, just for me when I prepay the bike and delivery.

Believe me, some my friends have always ordered bikes from Europe. Last year I know there were about 15 deals within my friend's circle just in my city.

There were no any problems or argues. Hence, I hardly can summorize that there could be problems with the buyers.

First, let me say I have no connection with any Dealer or Motorcycle company.

As a businessman, I can fully understand why the dealer refused the deal. Look at your letter: it is full of comments about how difficult and complicated this process is. Examples:

1. “…there is a problem to disassemble the bike…”
  2. “My carrier said that it is not possible to move over the border a whole box.” Of course it is possible to move a large box over the border. So, there must be some other problem of bringing a whole bike in one box. Is it illegal? Will the shipper be faced with legal problems or extensive customs problems? He does not know.
  3. You want part of the bike shipped to one place and the rest to a different place? Or ship it all to the UK “…For me this option is much less appropriate…” Or, ship it whole to Finland (…. I am not sure am I able to find somebody in Finland to disassemble the bike…)” Good grief, what do you want him to do?
  4. You say “…I am such silly client and is wasting your time…” You brought it to his attention.
  5. And “… For me this weird process is quite complicated…” You can’t figure it out, but you want him to?

Can you blame the dealer for being concerned? Who knows what additional problems will come up during and after this one sale.

Finally, you add this threat that you will simply walk away from the deal and buy a Beta “…. I found a dealer of Beta who offered beta 2014 4t 300 bike even cheaper, who is ready to disassemble the bike.”

I understand, and even teach, customer service but this is a situation I would advise my clients to walk away from.

I think you do an undeserved disservice to this dealer by saying all these things on a public forum. I think it would be best for you to ask the site administrator to remove this entire thread.

I hope you can find a bike to import and can enjoy your riding.

• Like 1

Dear thats_a_five,

First af all, thank you for some advices and corrections.

I have been studying English for a bit less then 2 years, that's why my vocabulary is rather cheap there.

1) "problems" ... and the same words. That is the seller's problem, because he answered 'no' one conversation earlier. This word 'cut my ears' as yours.

2) my carrier can move the bike over the border just apart. The duty for whole bike is about 40-50 percents (including russian VAT). No one doesn't want to buy a bike which costs 8000 euro instead of 5300 because the seller refused to unscrew 8-10 bolts.

The seller cannot face with a legal problem because I suggested him to send the bike in one of 2 destinations: UK or Finland.

3) No, I asked to make a choice between UK and Finland

4) this line used to show that I realise his thoughts in advance, just as part of polite

5) that means I haven't grasped that this deal could be so complicated (because of his blurred negative answers). The seller was informed that I need the bike where some bolts are unscrewed IN THE FIRST letter. He could say 'no' but he did some steps to sell the whole bike.

Yep, he can IMAGINE some problems and be afraid of them. But it means he is not professional enough. I didn't asked him to deliver to russia directly. So, for him it is an ordinary deal. He can spent 10 minutes to unscrew some bolts and 10 minutes to phone the carrier and ship out the bike. No more risks.

Anyway, even I wrote the letter a bit wide and included some frank information and politeness, no one seller shouldn't afford to kick a client out on the same manner. It doesn't matter what I'm saying or writing. I am the 'client'. People like me give profit.

He should give an apology to each potential client if he is not able to serve it.

His word "Lissen..." - that is nightmare!

"I made so many quotation" - he made just ONE (but he made a discount)

"My condition is clear and I will not move anymore" - it seems I beg him to make a present to me))

I am a businessman too, I have 150 permanent clients and have been governed 2 business for 9 years, there are 150 employees in my company. And eventually I receive this caddish reply on my letter trying to buy a bike (a toy).

I just want to give a warning that this person can waste somebody's time. I cannot say what is further if you prepay him.

Edited by osiris

I understand your frustration but it's not Christian's fault that you don't have a Montesa dealer in Russia.

And if 15 dealers in Spain and Italy didn't even react on your e-mails, it might be more complicated than you think.

Not every dealer has the ambition to be an international dealer, maybe he hasn't got enough staff to do it.

As I've told you I know several people who shop at ZoneTrial and I've never heard a bad word about him.

Nevertheless I hope you find a way to get a bike so you can enjoy it.

Kind regards,

Guy

I understand your frustration but it's not Christian's fault that you don't have a Montesa dealer in Russia.

And if 15 dealers in Spain and Italy didn't even react on your e-mails, it might be more complicated than you think.

Not every dealer has the ambition to be an international dealer, maybe he hasn't got enough staff to do it.

As I've told you I know several people who shop at ZoneTrial and I've never heard a bad word about him.

Nevertheless I hope you find a way to get a bike so you can enjoy it.

Kind regards,

Guy

Dear Guy,

I just told that Mr Christian had to behave another way.

1) Say more precisely and earlier that he can sell just whole not opened box

2) Say more politely without negative emotions

3) If he didn't do it, he should sell the bike as I wish, because I - his client - spend many hours in order to do this deal.

You are right regarding a Montesa dealer here. Russia is quite different country, there people or very rich or very poor, and our moto-sphere actually somewhere amid our needs. Who can afford to by a bike - they do it the same way as me. Fortunately, I foresee that this future is not so far when the demand of new bikes is growing (not sure about grammar). You can trust my opinion, coz I've organized and manage the most prominent and huge enduro club in Russia (1200 unique visitors per day).

Regarding 15 honda dealers whom I have written. This types of dealers (I know, because we have the same) perform another job on the market. No one of them don't sell trials bikes; just MX, enduro, road bikes and scooters. Representatives who receive emails have a lot of standard duties, and my inquiry is out of their duties. Their dealership is enclosed by local regions. So, they are not even interested to reply when I wrote in English.

Another slight difference between Russian style and European is that we are used to reply on each request, we don't ignore an email. You are right.

Thank you for your wish, I hope it will be during the next week.

I found the best and easiest way to bring the bikes to our country. When I find the dealer who can do it - our moto community can order the bikes and develop this brilliant sport here in the biggest country of the world.

• Like 1

Osiris, you need the bike disassembled and put in several packages, that is a pain in the ass and requires special boxing and careful packing. A person could be there all day!

Many dealers do not profit enough on a bike sale to perform that type of service, no less the risk of lost or missing packages and an unhappy buyer who does not want to accept the liability! Not worth the risk!

Sounds as though you need to make a drive!

Your English is fair, seems his is worse!

Best to you,

• Like 1

Osiris,

It sounds like there may be a business opportunity to become an importer of trials bikes to Russia. Perhaps you are the best person to do that and bring trials to the people there.

Your idea is brilliant. Today we have just one GasGas dealer in Moscos who works sometimes improperly, who doesn't care about having spare parts in stock, who sells the 'gray' bikes but rather expensive at the same time.

My own help to our local riders is just reveal where they can get the bikes, which way is the shortest and affordable, which dealer we can trust. Unfortunately, I live abroad the most part of each year, and fully busy managing my businesses in the IT sphere.

Thanks anyway.

Osiris, you need the bike disassembled and put in several packages, that is a pain in the ass and requires special boxing and careful packing. A person could be there all day!

Many dealers do not profit enough on a bike sale to perform that type of service, no less the risk of lost or missing packages and an unhappy buyer who does not want to accept the liability! Not worth the risk!

Sounds as though you need to make a drive!

Your English is fair, seems his is worse!

Best to you,

First of all, thank you for evaluating my English. I faced with several difficulties studying it in my 30th. Your mark gives me the 'spark' to get better.

Regarding my needs (to get a wee bit disassembled bike, or it is better to say 10 bolts unscrewed), I asked the seller just to divide the front part, it means to demount it but remain in an original box. It doesn't need to unpack the bike or get it out of the package. For example, look at the picture attached, when the seller of my former Sherco did it for 50 pounds without any objections. I am sincerely sure it takes 10-15 minutes.

I can agree that the dealers don't include these jobs in price. I would recommend to do it. Any job should be paid. That could expand dealer's range of service, that means to be more competitive and gather more clients.

In case of having any arguments receiving the same kind of bike, the seller is rather protected. He can easily prove that the customer asked him to do it (show the letters and dialogs).

Thank you again!

post-18495-0-29320900-1389413689_thumb.jpg