It's About Time!

brewtus

From the sales literature "2014 Montesa Honda Cota 4RT Repsol Edition"

for some reason that makes me think of NASCAR drivers at the end of a race.

"The 2014 Penzoil Monster Bell Limited Ricky Bobby JR edition Chevy Camaro Z785 performed perfectly today"

But seriously this could be a great thing for trials. I personally don't like the Montesa, but with it being backed and advertised by Honda which is a very well known motorcycle name in the USA it will be noticed by more motorcycle riders and maybe bring more interest to the sport. Especially if the Montesa was sold in actual Honda dealerships displayed on the sales floor right next to the Motocross and road bikes.

Don't count on many Montesas sitting on U.S. showroom floors. 99% of the American motorcycle buying public would walk right past them to buy 'Wings or VTX's not ever knowing what the hell they are. I'm just thrilled to have them available here again after what, 7 years or so? I know of 2 orders already, and I may sweet-talk my credit union into yet another.... <_<

Edited by brewtus

Is Honda trying to kickstart trials again in the states ???? One could hope so ! Maybe Yamaha will follow suit with that scorpa looking one they campaign in Japan .... And contingency money !!!!! Move over X-GAMES !!!

Let's get some exposure !!! :) :)

I want one !!!

Glenn

Don't count on many Montesas sitting on U.S. showroom floors. 99% of the American motorcycle buying public would walk right past them to buy 'Wings or VTX's not ever knowing what the hell they are. I'm just thrilled to have them available here again after what, 7 years or so? I know of 2 orders already, and I may sweet-talk my credit union into yet another.... <_<

My local delarship in missouri says the have already discussed it and are going to put one on the floor

.... The contingencies for the senior class end at age 59!

Looks like the rules require at least 5 riders in a class. So a lot of the SR age classes and other support classes may not have enough riders. Maybe Honda could make an exception for trials.

Well I hate to say it but I just finished my taxes ....Thanks Barrack !!! . I made 2/3rds more this last year and I will get back 80% less than last year ...

We need a flat rate tax ! Can't a single dad with 3 kids in school get a break ? So paying cash for a mont is out of the ? right now , But I do have fantastic credit ... Time to do some math !

Glenn :(