Miller Exhaust - Replaces Clubfoot - Anyone Used One?

smelling123

Weren't they made for the older bikes on which the inlet and outlets on the rear silencer and the outlet on the middle silencer were smaller than the later bikes, so you may not get it to even mate properly with the middle box if you're fitting it to a later bike.

Were they to replace the clubfoot? I thought they were an alloy replacement for the banana silencer of the '73/74 bikes before the clubfoot was introduced

Yes, you may be right Woody, it seems very small inlet and outlet..

I can get it to fit, but Im more concerned with performance (or more to the point, putting a hole in my piston..).

You'll probably find it just strangles the motor and makes it run roughly - which bike are you trying to use it on?

You'll also find it's probably noisier than a clubfoot as well, as there isn't the volume. I have a newly repacked original banana on my '72 325 and I altered its inlet and the outlet of the middle box to the same as the later bikes and, on the banana exit, cut off the end of the 'spout' which is tapered so that it wasn't restricted. It's now about 25mm instead of around 20mm (or less) Makes a decent pop pop noise at low speed but even though it's all repacked, it still isn't as quiet as a repacked clubfoot.

Im pretty sure the clubfoot was introduced to cover the spark arrester laws in California/states, and as can be seen on the Vazquez/pumas from spain they de-restrict by one outlet pipe.

The idea is great, I would try it back to back and see if its noticeably worse / better and go from there.

I have one on my M199, (wide opening)

Pain in the butt to repack, have to unpick the edge to split it in two. Has a flat perforated plate up the middle - open one side, packing the other. They block up very easily at the end.

Light weight, with a loud bark at open throttle.

post-7288-0-42747800-1392680410_thumb.jpg

post-7288-0-44535200-1392680536_thumb.jpg

• Like 2