Montesa 4Rt 2014 Brakes

wilson28279

Hi I'm New to trials and have bought a 2014 4rt I love the bike but have one little problem! Is there an upgrade available for the rear brake system as I have had nothing but problems with the standard rear setup

1st the master cylinder gave up after 2 months fixed that and then the rear caliper seals started leaking re fitted that then the blead nipple started leaking so tightened it and it snapped off (with very little pressure)

Any help or advice would be good as I'm New to trials so am not 100% with mods and parts that can be retro fitted / upgraded

Thanks

Mike

If you hadn't already done so, I think you probably should have informed your supplying dealer and let them sort it out. I think you've been quite unlucky, as it's not something I've heard much about on 4RT's. Contact your dealer and hopefully they will sort it out for you on warranty.

Edited by shedracer

i believe the new honda has braktech brakes. they are fitted to all the new bikes as ajp went bust or something... when i had my jotagas i went through 3 whole rear brake systems becuase they all failed at both ends. i would be riding along and then would start to loose pressure and have to keep pumping the lever to get it back then suddenly it would go and not come back. you could fit an ajp system if you could find one. contact your dealer and he will sort it out.

cheers

The dealer wasn't much interested it seems that the only thing covered by the warranty is the engine the master cylinder was an actual fault with the machining that causing the seals to fail only knew this due to buying a complete unit rather than a repair kit just seems that a bike of this quality and cost the parts should match but maybe not haha

• Like 1

The dealer wasn't much interested it seems that the only thing covered by the warranty is the engine the master cylinder was an actual fault with the machining that causing the seals to fail only knew this due to buying a complete unit rather than a repair kit just seems that a bike of this quality and cost the parts should match but maybe not haha

Absolute Trollocks mate, parts are warranted for 6 months (everything except consumables and wear and tear). I suggest you mention consumer rights, trading standards, fit for purpose and health and safety (brakes that work are kinda vital, in the prevention of injury or death). If the dealer won't deal with the warranty claim, contact Honda uk and if they say no, just mention, independant engineers report, lawyers and trading standards.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just replaced seals on a 2014 repsol so hope it lasts, also looks like the clutch seals have gone now as if I hold clutch in after about 5 seconds the bike starts to take off, pump the clutch once and it's ok for another 5seconds :(

When a mates Formula front master brake pump and master clutch pump failed, the GasGas dealer/importer replaced both under warranty.

Your dealer was talking b#ll#cks, Montesa has to abide by the same warranty laws

Don't the new 2014 Repsols run AJP brakes anymore?, I thought the plain ones use Brake-Tech..................but not the Repsols?

Seems a retrograde step, if they're failing

AJP has been taken over by BrakTec so any AJP products you may find will be left-over stock.

http://braktec.com/en/about-us/

• Like 1

Let's make no bone's here pal ! Go to the dealer ask them once again to fix the problem .

Take the customer service number of Honda motor cycle's uk ( if you live in the U.K) and call them up in front of them if they fob you off.

Tell you something for nowt here, if that was my bike at £5,700 and the dealer gave me a fook off tablet they'd be really sorry.

The longer people like us put up with crap like that ,the longer people like them will do it to us.

The day i'd walk away like that then, Hell would freeze over!

First question would be " Where's the boss"?

You can bet Honda don't want that sort of press !

OOOOO! Make's me seeth!

Edited by shyted
  • Like 3

Good,glad to hear that . At least some one is has a brain to respond and not react.Hat's off to that man Vince at Haven trials .

Best regards Ted.

Edited by shyted