Richmond 3 Day

cota kid

My thanks to the organisers and helpers of the Richmond 3 Day for doing another fantastic job in providing 3 superb days of trials riding in some of the most breathtaking scenery in England. Not that I got much chance to appreciate it. Especially Saturday which was certainly challenging.

I would also like to thank the lads, they should know who they are, for helping me by giving my Sherco carb a bit of love and attention. Which certainly helped me in tackling the final day. Cheers :blink:

By all accounts this is a cracking event. Last year I was going to cover it, but wound up moving house the same weekend. This year I was going to cover it, but the World Rounds were too good an opportunity to miss and have eaten all my remaining holidays.

I WILL get there one year, but was very impressed with the speed Richmond got results over to me for publication. For such a big event the backroom folk seem to have it sussed.

Angela carries a Laptop with multiple batteries at the event and it has a system to collate the scores. Don't know if Richmond pioneered the use of it but the Laptop they use has such a long battery life it makes it feasible to do the results at the event just leaving the upload and emailing to do. It's so good Yeadon & Guiseley bought the same one! I have seen other clubs use laptops but usually they have a generator to power them.

It did somewhat resemble Mission Control in the Marquee. :blink:

That's what's needed these days. The Internet means people want and expect fast results. Richmond, to their credit, were one of the first to realise this and as a publisher of Trials news, that's what I want.

We have mains electric on site so no need for batteries. Results were done for the prize presentation which happened about six o'clock time. Like everything else that we do for the Trial it's a big team effort to get everything done, hopefully right.

Really enjoyed it and even though my total was 70 plus there wasn't a section that I felt I couldn't clean, however as long as the hole is in my a*** there would be no way for me to do that all day for 1 day let alone 3. Great trial well run and good sections with ample time. Really felt I had achieved something there, where else can you say that? :blink:

Super Event, us Irish lads really enjoyed it, & the beer in the marquee was a super idea!!!

Great sections, superb cross-country and luckily, great weather (was watching the MotoGP from Donnington, couldn't believe how bad the rain was.........we were blessed!!!)

Top marks to all involved in organising, we will be back next year!!!!

Note - Perce, your camera skills are sh**e!!!! :blink:

Note - Perce, your camera skills are sh**e!!!! :blink:

I'd have got one of you but you didn't get far enough up the section. Apart from that silly 5 & the 3 in the one before, you'd have been in the money Sunday.

Edited by PERCE

Really enjoyed it and even though my total was 270 plus there wasn't a section that I felt I couldn't clean............in my dreams!

I'll echo the thanks & congrats on a superb trial. Nice to visit some new (for me) sections too. That Saturdays ride was one of the best I've had on a trials bike.......no, not score wise of course, I picked up a puncture at Punchard & got comprehensively lost following other riders who I thought knew the route. It was more that buzz from finishing a long hard ride & not being totally zonked! It must be the energy drink, I'm sure it helped. :blink:

What more can I say, the route was better than the previous 2 years all sections were sensible and even the weather was perfect!

And where esle can you get a home cooked hot meal for a couple of quid ??

:blink: