Handlebar Grips

348mate

If the bars are hollow, use a compressor to blow air through from the opposite side. This will stretch the grip and help it to slide on - Fit the throttle grip first, remove the throttle assembly and then do the left grip.

If the bars are plugged, lightly spray the inside of each grip with something like hairspray/spraypaint/carpet glue etc. Leave to dry overnight and then lockwire the grips to make sure they don't slip.

(Carpet glue is the best, just try not to spray it inside the throttle housing like a mate did) :wall:

Guest coflet

I cut the old ones off with a knife , clean up the bars then take a new grip spray aerosol lacquer into the grip lots of of it then push it on when all the laquer has evaporated the grips are stuck in place with the lacquer residue :wall:

a slight variation on the carpet glue theme, but last time i fitted some grips - i used lino glue. still in a spray can, but seems to work a tad better again, than the carpet variant. (due to being designed for plastic/rubber flooring i guess!)

wd40 will deffo help you fit the grips......... but if you want them to stay put, i'd use summat else!