Montesa Cota 247

quo 1

Hi John

what a fantastic job you've done mate,be a shame to use it lol

I got my tank back yesterday,a week late but not a problem,because iv'e been effed about like you wouldn't believe by Vallmoto

All i can say is be very wary if you order anything,

Online it says everything in stock,

so i ordered the bits i needed cables etc and a speedo and airbox paid my 250 euros

Email next day,no speedo or airbox,six weeks later no parts no refund.

Asked if they can get me a seat,sent a picture of tank unit,no reply,

its a shame In Motion doesn't have everything i need.ordered some bits and they were in Spain in four days

Moan over

cheers Steve

post-20323-0-28876200-1413106876_thumb.jpgpost-20323-0-25885900-1413107191_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Cheers Steve, your unit looks great as well, pity about vallmoto as it really annoying when they take your money then tell you that it is not in stock.

I think you might struggle a bit with the seat, you could go down the road of getting one custom made to suit the unit, if you could find a upholsterer to make one.

Let us know how you get on.

cheers

John.

iv'e been trying to mould fibreglass to the old seat base.but its too rotten to get correct shape.

think i have a result tho'

on ebay [ not uk] theres a seller doing bits for old trials bikes.went to his ebay shop. cienmotos.

brand new seat and its in Spain!

price a bit eye watering but what can i do,

ill have to cut down on the San Miguel

Cheers Steve

Wonderful job John. Love the 247s & you've done 'em proud.

Just a comment on the angle of the kickstart lever if I may. If you have them rotated too far forward on the spline they often puncture the casing web (around the mag flywheel) at the bottom of the stroke. Many Monties are damaged in that area. The lever should be at 1 o'clock. (according to Jared Bates, if I recall correctly)

• Like 2

Wonderful job John. Love the 247s & you've done 'em proud.

Just a comment on the angle of the kickstart lever if I may. If you have them rotated too far forward on the spline they often puncture the casing web (around the mag flywheel) at the bottom of the stroke. Many Monties are damaged in that area. The lever should be at 1 o'clock. (according to Jared Bates, if I recall correctly)

Hi jc2, thanks for the info on the kick start, i always thought it was a little to far forward but it was in that position when i got the bike so i just left it in that position, but now I am going to have to move it :D as i like things to be correct. ;)

cheers

John.