Flywheel Weight And Shift Lever Engagement

nh014

I installed a S3 flywheel weight on my 2011 Gas Gas TXT Pro 300 and now question whether anyone supplies a gear shift lever to accommodate the additional depth of the clutch cover. With the weight and cover spacer installed, the clutch cover moves out approximately 6 mm (0.236 in) and the shift lever, which previously had full spline engagement on the shaft now has 6 mm less engagement. Hate to bend the shift lever, but with less than full spline engagement the shift lever loosens and must be tightened after every meet.

Is there a longer shift lever, or an alternative fix.

Had weight on my 2014 & 2015 from new with no problem. Shaft splines engage in about 3/4 of lever spline depth. Both were clean, dry and unworn, maybe that's the reason they stay tight (I know the lever will fall off now for saying that), but the lever is nearly touching flywheel cover.

Hi

You could easily bend the gear lever to clear the case.  Bending alloy is not hard - there are detailed instructions available on the web.  I bent my brake lever on a rock.  I heated it up with a gas blowlamp and straightened it out.  I have also (intentionally) bent my clutch and front brake levers, so that they are now lower and easier for me to pull in.  You would need a blowlamp and a vice. 

If it goes wrong then a new gear lever is less than £30.

I installed a S3 flywheel weight on my 2011 Gas Gas TXT Pro 300 and now question whether anyone supplies a gear shift lever to accommodate the additional depth of the clutch cover. With the weight and cover spacer installed, the clutch cover moves out approximately 6 mm (0.236 in) and the shift lever, which previously had full spline engagement on the shaft now has 6 mm less engagement. Hate to bend the shift lever, but with less than full spline engagement the shift lever loosens and must be tightened after every meet.

Is there a longer shift lever, or an alternative fix.

There is no change in the clutch cover thichness ;) and your bike is pretty bend if the gear lever touches your clutch cover ;)

As far as I know there are no different gear levers, although mine does stick out a bit more than usual because of some rock collision ;)

Edited by crazybond700