Stolen Trials Bikes

timp

I was followed home a few years ago from a trial and had the workshop broken into, luckily I disturbed them before they'd broke all the locks so didn't get the bike. Police had no interest at all even though I told them they must be hiding in the garden or nearby so I stopped up for a few hours in the bushes with "Mr Naughty Stick" but heard nothing else. I never turn into my road anymore if someone is driving behind me even though the bike is in the back of my van, and the workshop now has two alarms and 6 locks, be easier to break into the house. Hope your prize and joy turns up mate.

Edited by the addict

This maybe a bit controversial, but, if people didn't buy nicked bikes, then hardly any would get nicked. Is the person behind, or in front in the que on a nicked bike !!! Almost certainly not, but there must be some that are, as there's an awful lot getting nicked.

Just cos someone has a nice bike (new or used) doesn't mean they're loaded, they've worked hard to get it and almost certainly couldn't afford to loose it, by some scumbag helping themselves. Unfortunately, the Law aren't interested in dealing with bike theft, so I think it's only fair, that the owner should be allowed to take measures to protect their property whilst in their possession and also in retrieving their property if some scumbag feels they have some god given right to nick it.

If your offered something at a bargain price, it's probably been nicked, if you buy it, in my eyes, your as bad as the Bas£@€# that nicked it.

It's time all frame and engine numbers were recorded at each trial, yes it may add a little more time at the start of a trial and require another volunteer to help out (I'll do it) but atleast it will have some effect on the number of bikes being stolen and the poor fellows pleading for the return of their pride and joy.

(Steps off the soap box) :0)

Edited by jj65
  • Like 2

This maybe a bit controversial, but, if people didn't buy nicked bikes, then hardly any would get nicked. Is the person behind, or in front in the que on a nicked bike !!! Almost certainly not, but there must be some that are, as there's an awful lot getting nicked.

Just cos someone has a nice bike (new or used) doesn't mean they're loaded, they've worked hard to get it and almost certainly couldn't afford to loose it, by some scumbag helping themselves. Unfortunately, the Law aren't interested in dealing with bike theft, so I think it's only fair, that the owner should be allowed to take measures to protect their property whilst in their possession and also in retrieving their property if some scumbag feels they have some god given right to nick it.

If your offered something at a bargain price, it's probably been nicked, if you buy it, in my eyes, your as bad as the Bas£@€# that nicked it.

It's time all frame and engine numbers were recorded at each trial, yes it may add a little more time at the start of a trial and require another volunteer to help out (I'll do it) but atleast it will have some effect on the number of bikes being stolen and the poor fellows pleading for the return of their pride and joy.

(Steps off the soap box) :0)

Ì don't think a lot of stolen bikes are used in organised trials.

There are a lot more bikes used to play about on by riders who would never enter a trial.

Ì don't think a lot of stolen bikes are used in organised trials.

There are a lot more bikes used to play about on by riders who would never enter a trial.

Most tend to be used on wasteland, canals ect...  the ones stolen for profit tend to be broke for spares

I had a new mx bike stolen many years ago, they tried to sell it to a breaker (who I happened to know) he rang the police and they didn’t even come!