Dunlop 803 Gp Reviews

tom675

I rode the Scottish with one, lasted me all week, not much use when i got home, it was pretty bald, but did the milage. 

Recently nipped the sidewall on my current tyre (3 trials old), put a hole in it but didnt fall off the rim, used a temp repair to seal the hole and it was fine, so maybe the sidewalls are a little softer but importantly it stayed on the rim when down to 0psi, where as my last Mich' came off the rim in similar circumstances. (4RT/D.I.D Rim)

I asked this question a few months back and didn't get any decent answers as they were just out.

As above did the SSDT on one so it was pretty hardy and grip was fine in that event.

Don't have the same feel as a Michelin and I had to run it softer than I normally would to get the similar grip.

Might be fine on a 4rt though as it's a bit heavier than my Ossa?

Rocky mountain motorsports has them in here in the states and they are only $4 more than the standard d803. Its peaked my interest. X lites here are usually $180 on up state side where this gp is only 94 bucks.

--Biff

Edited by biffsgasgas

Bought one after seeing them at SSDT but on a 2013 GG Factory Rep it loses all pressure in one lap of a southern (I.e. no rocks) club event, just like an IRC does on these flanged rims. Gutted, so reverted to x lite on same rim and no problems at all on a dry rocky road trial. Subsequently have tried the same 803GP on an old style GG rim with a rim band and very impressed, grippy and I think it will wear well.

I think it's the poorly made rims at fault. They vary in the measurement round the circumference.

IRC on DID rim isn't usually a problem but IRC on Morad and it's very variable. Some good. Some bad