Honda Rtl Silencer.

joelewis

I'm the boss unfortunately, I run a Joinery manufacturing company and only last week due to orders put the 3 chaps who work for us on 6 day weeks. I don't know if I can get it off myself after really having to push them to work Saturdays. Sunday is a no go due to family commitments.

I'll try my very best though, just can't promise it.

Heat shield will be ready end of February.

As to regards for other bits, I will be doing other bits after this. Unfortunately mines a 1985 model so will concentrate on that year for now. I could look at doing a kirkstart but because this isn't my main job timescales are an issue. This isn't a problem when its my part but does become an issue when its someone else's.

Edited by joelewis

Forgot to mention the baffles - yes all sorted mate.

When we looked inside mine there really straight forward, just blanks with two holes in which are in different positions to each baffle. If that makes sense. There's nothing to them.

Once the first one is ready I'll use it on my bike at a few events and report back.

• Like 2

Joe,

This keeps getting better and better!  :popcorn:

I'm new to the RTL model and I also have an '85. I'm really glad to hear you have more good things planned. I'll try to purchase whatever surplus production you can offer us.

Doug

Edited by slip_kid

post-9725-0-82483400-1454109191_thumb.jpg

post-9725-0-76673500-1454109280_thumb.jpg

post-9725-0-19751500-1454109315_thumb.jpg

This happened tonight, still more work to do - this is our first one so not 100% (obviously isn't totally finished anyway)

Its come out really well though, I want it so you cannot tell one of these apart from an original.

It still has to be anodised but it should be fully finished by Monday to be taken to be anodised.

post-9725-0-38297000-1454109077_thumb.jpg

Edited by joelewis
  • Like 4

Now I better understand why people have become glued to their smart phones.

I actually prefer opening up my email every so often . . . it's a

a lot like Christmas . . . actually even better!!

Thanks Joe, you are tops.   :icon_salut:

Edited by slip_kid
  • Like 1

The aluminium is slightly lighter gauge than the original, 0.03mm thinner. So if anything its slightly lighter.

Its had to be done slightly thinner due to needing to keep the detail. You lose the definition slightly in the moulds when you make it out of thicker aluminium.

I'll be doing a batch of 10 this year. (this is an interest for me and was done for my own bikes benefit) The moulds I'll obviously save.

I'm keeping two for myself. so there will be 8 available.  

Price has until recently been very hard to calculate. The price will be £525 + postage  

Believe me when I say this isn't covering my costs - it was done as a project, it was never for financial reasons.

Thanks, Joe