Ty175 Replacement Carb

bezaboy

I would try giving it a full rebuild first. You would be amazed how much of a carbs workings can wear and cause poor running.

Get it properly cleaned if you can get it ultrasonically cleaned it's worth it. Then treat it to some nice new part. I would look at all seal, o rings and gaskets, needle and needle jet, possibly slide and air adjustment screw.

I've never used them personally but these people have come highly recommended. http://www.motocarb.com

Having looked at the price of parts and the price of OKO carbs I would be tempted to try one of those first. They seem to get some good reviews as well. 

be aware a lot of oko carbs are cheap chinese copies you need one made in taiwan.i fitted a 26mm on my ty 175 with bigger airbox and birkett modded barrel plus lightened flywheel it now run great but a lot of work required.

be aware a lot of oko carbs are cheap chinese copies you need one made in taiwan.i fitted a 26mm on my ty 175 with bigger airbox and birkett modded barrel plus lightened flywheel it now run great but a lot of work required.

I noticed that on the link feetupfun put up. I certainly found the irony in a company that started out copying Keihin carbs warning about cheap copies!

• 4 weeks later...

The copy OKO is quite different inside, as well as a couple external differences. The proper OKO pilot and main jets are different as are their housings and don't fit the copies. I think the slide is a different size as well. The copy jets aren't numbered which is useful...

OKO seem scarce in the UK at the moment, very rarely for sale on ebay, I have never tried OKO UK.

They work well though, I have them on some bikes.

• 1 month later...