jfc

Braktec Pad Retaining Clip!

It's to stop the pads rattling. It's just an anti rattle spring. The pads can't come out of the caliper with or without the spring (while the wheel is in).

I've been running without mine in for a few months as I struggled to get it back in. No issues with braking but sometimes the pads do rattle slightly if I'm waiting to go in a section with the engine running.

My friend removed his on his gasser, he was having problems with his pads wearing quickly only getting 3 trials out of them and nearly getting caught out on occasions having no front pads, gas gas told him to take it out, I have a trs and I am going to do the same 

Tried mine without seems ok, I was told the metal clip holds the pads so the wheel can be easily put in and no problem with the clip out

So its gone .....well never mind; if it was pointless then the best thing to do was to remove it.:D ...Thanks again  that's twice you have helped everyone out............It would seem like it being put  there may have been an attempt to cause friction ..but  it did not work as they thought it would do as you got rid of it ....hopefully that has solved the problem completely,.I just hope that there's no whining noises  in the future.

Edited by oni nou