Alpinestar Nonstop 2016

jj65

Is Jeroni Fajardo wearing the new 2016 nonstop !!! I say this every year, (the factory riders have had a different design for years) but it doesn't look like alpinestars will ever do a new nonstop for joe public :0( I think the current boot has been around since 2000 or there abouts, with one small change after Dougie broke his toes in a Btc round.

Hope I'm wrong, as I really need a new pair very soon.

Jonnyc21, those are not the current Alpinestar boots currently available to joe public. They are either a new boot, that will be due out sometime (soon I hope, I need new boots), but more likely, as jj65 said, a new style for the factory riders. :o(

Alpinestar need to bring this boot out to the market, please Alpinestar. ;o)

You might want to have another look, everything is different to the public version. Sewn on soles, different buckles, reinforced gear change, better flex areas etc, etc. As you can see, public boot, new factory rider boot and previous factory boot, all very different. The two factory rider boots have sewn on soles and reinforced gear change

post-14348-0-66467800-1452473310_thumb.jpeg

post-14348-0-40905700-1452473404_thumb.jpeg

post-14348-0-91821400-1452474345_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

I see it now... just looking at my black boots and the smaller image I missed it.  

I guess time will tell if they are a new pair or just a new version for factory riders.  The latest video of the Sheffield trial Toni is still in his old boots so I can hope this is the new consumer boots from Alpinestar.  (crossing fingers)  :thumbup:

Edited by jonnyc21
  • Like 2

Without sounding like the dabster, i would consider the stars boots as std the worst trials boot on the market, no flex at all and like wearing a pair of ski's on your feet! If you want to stall a lot with rear brake then they are the biz! :hyper:

Without sounding like the dabster, i would consider the stars boots as std the worst trials boot on the market, no flex at all and like wearing a pair of ski's on your feet! If you want to stall a lot with rear brake then they are the biz! :hyper:

Never been a problem for me, in my experience they have been great. Which is why I'd be happy to buy some more, just like them to be the same as Fajardo's new ones.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I switched to Alpinestars from Gaerne's (oiled). They are, I concede, completely different, mainly in the sole. But the problem I had with the Gaerne's was that the sole was just way too flexy. It was killing my arches. With the Alpinestars you're way more up on the pegs because the soles basically don't flex at all. It took some getting used to but I'm glad I converted.