British Youth Championship

as iow

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has arrived on the Island today inc Gomez etc, everyone's talking about (THE WALL) tomorrow at 10.30am the bull**** stops and the action will start. You get the feeling that this trial is going to be BIG, which is the only way to describe the sections :D

My man on site just phoned me and agrees with the Indoor sections being awesome. Says the whole thing has been very impressively laid on and only spoiled by inconsistency in applying the rules. I'm sure there's more on that to come!

I have just arrived back home. Lee & I had a great time at the IOW which was just tainted a little by some inconsistencies with applying the rule TSR19. :D

Firstly, it was clear that Alan and his team had worked their nuts off to prepare this with a lot of thought & effort going into section design.

Section 2: This was a steep climb up a loose bank then over a tree root at the top. All the top riders attempted this and failed expect one who went through on three ( didnt catch his name). This was changed for laps 2 & 3

Section 4 (The Wall): was changed slightly as the limited run up was giving concern as to whether it could be attempted safely. After the change, it rode well with many cleans. B route weren’t having many problems with it either. Good to watch that one :crying:

Section 5: was a ride over some Concrete pipes and up a very steep and loose 60ft bank, then another big climb of around 40ft. Many failures and dabs at this initially, but was later cracked by a lot of the top lads.

Section 9: This was a superb section. A short steep splat onto the face of a large sawn tree trunk. A frontal attack wasn't the way to ride this they agreed. It needed a side attack by going over through the gates and dropping off then dropping back on and through the end gates. Most tried this with good results but a stunning world class ride by George Morton had the crowds in raptures of applause when he hit the trunks edge then done a 45 degree flip mid air right landing straight down the length of the tree trunk and cooly riding through the gates. Awesome :crying:

Section 10: This was a double wammy combination of two, 2 step sequences at right angles to one another. Caught a few riders out and was a great spectacle to watch.

Section 11: A quick right camber climb on loose dirt/leaves around a tree and along a loose camber to the left. Then down a steep decline on loose dirt/leaves. Very difficult and not many cleans here.

Section 12: Anyone remember the Trials Central sponsored section 6 at Hawkstone ??? well this was not far off that! a 100ft shallow to steep climb on loose soil/leaves. I saw Sam Haslam ride it with a combination of skill & power as his 250 gasser had what it took to get up there. Both Alexz Wigg & Ross Danby got very close but a big traction kick at the top saw them both spin out with Ross coming straight back down with bike in his hands at a world record 100 Metre sprint speed. All the collective audience held their breath as we feared the worse. Lin, (Ross's Mum) went as white as a sheet. Thankfully he arrived at the bottom in one piece but it could have been very very nasty <_<

The riders were clearly enjoying the sections and the fact that because they were in close proximity, there was always a large group of people watching them on the key sections and the atmosphere was electric.

However, a controversial decision left a few dis-appointed parents & riders.

At the trial brief, it was stated that the time allocated was 5

Andy Can you get the above review as a front posting to go with photos

Finished clearing arena 1.30am ready for horse show next day,gave Ross Danby, Rob Andrews and Jake Briton a lift into Ryde so they could find a night club :D<_<:crying::crying::D:D:D !

dont know how they got on, got home 2.15am.

Back at Shorwell this morning with Chris for C/D round, and machine examination.

George Gosden.4 Chris Stay 7 Jake-Luter-Evens 18

Jack Sheppard O Keelan Hancock 10 Alister Bedford ?

Back at Brickfields to night to continue clearing up,and still lots to do.

I'm knackered, thanks to all the riders for the signed card ;) . More to follow once i recover :D