Suspension... Hmmm

caddy4u

Thread on suspension up in the general section right now... Thread: http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/58528-importance-of-proper-suspension-spring-rate-and-setup/

Might take a look at this issue of "On the Pegs" to get a general understanding... http://www.joomag.com/magazine/trials-enduro-news-december-2014-vol-49-issue-12/0716551001416757092?short

The one thing I will say is that in my opinion it dosn't make all the difference, but it dose help to have it set for you.  I have adjusted mine and I am quite glad I did.  

Unless you are at the upper or lower end of typical weight I'd say the stock suspension probably has wide enough adjustment.I imagine the manual has the correct sag settings for your 4rt this is where you should start,if you've got to wind the preload in or out massively to get this correct you need different springs.

Easy enough to measure what travel you are using most of the time with cable ties,the rest is probably down to personal preference.

Unless you are at the upper or lower end of typical weight I'd say the stock suspension probably has wide enough adjustment.I imagine the manual has the correct sag settings for your 4rt this is where you should start,if you've got to wind the preload in or out massively to get this correct you need different springs.

Easy enough to measure what travel you are using most of the time with cable ties,the rest is probably down to personal preference.

Thanks mate but I'm 16 stone and 6ft 2 (rugby player), as if i didn't already have enough trouble getting flipping skin tight pants to fit and boots for my calves, now I find out I'm too heavy for my bike! So think I definitely need the 15% stiffer spring! 

Thanks mate but I'm 16 stone and 6ft 2 (rugby player), as if i didn't already have enough trouble getting flipping skin tight pants to fit and boots for my calves, now I find out I'm too heavy for my bike! So think I definitely need the 15% stiffer spring! 

Yeah going to need stiffer springs front and back,still at least with a Mont there's no repair bills.

H&D do both front and rear uprated springs.

I can't see the fronts on H and D for the Showa fork on the Repsol, so going to ring up Msport tomorrow, I bought a twin map PTB of him the other week and he was dead helpful, so i'll be using him in future! Just a shame he doesn't have all his products on his website as I feel a nuisance ringing up every time!

• Like 1