Side Stand And Footpeg Hangers

chris200

Newbie alert ! Please be gentle ...

I've just bought a 2008 model which it seems has many aftermarket parts fitted including the peg hangers (picture here somewhere) but my problem is that there is no sidestand . During my pre purchase research I've read somewhere that a stand won't fit with the extended hangers , I have also read that the standard stand is pretty useless so before I go ahead and buy a stand (If I manage to find one) what are peoples experiences and opinions please 

post-22451-0-41680300-1459977973_thumb.jpg

I just lean mine on stuff.

Same here and if there's nowt round lay it on the floor

That's where it spends most of its time anyway

One thing I would say is be careful running those peg hangers because of you ride rocky stuff or likley to be battering the foot pegs , there is more risk of you snapping the frame , there doesn't look like there's much give in those

Unless you really need repositioned pegs , I'd be inclined to replace them with standard hangers

Sorry just noticed the link , it is early :)

Edited by toneh
  • Like 2

The hangers are nice for the bling factor, but the bike doesn't look too good once the frame has been welded and sprayed.

If your pottering around they'll probably be fine, but if your riding in anger, be aware

Edited by jrsunt

Mine had no stand when I got it but I fitted a standard one. Eight months later and I've had no problems with the stand - it works as well as my Beta one but no stand on a trials bike works in all circumstances. That's what trees are for. At least there's no worry about petrol peeing out the carb if you lay the bike over as I still do on occasion.

Saw someone last week on his new 260 with what I took to be a home made stand. Seems it may have been a Mitani one, it might function well but looks absolutely hellish. Another pal made one from half a handlebar and it looked very neat.

Thanks for all the replies folks , The hangers will be staying as I like the riding position but I will look into fabricating something to protect and strengthen the frame .

I still haven't managed to find a stand so it looks like that's a bit more fabrication for me to do :)

• 5 weeks later...

Well I managed to get a stand and typical of my luck it didn't fit , The footpeg hanger was massively in the way so I started to modify (and weaken it) but it soon became clear that there simply wasn't enough space for the stand  :blush: Fortunately I work in a very well equipped workshop so fabricated a plate to relocate the stand rearwards and it cleared but the stand was crap ( I hear loads of people saying " I told you so" ) so out came the blowtorch and welder and I now have a stand that works properly , At least as good as the sherco and gash gash that get parked with it , I'll stick some photos of the new unit on soon