4Rt Stutter!

thall1

Hi Guys, got a 2006 4RT......no problem when its running and in use however when its sat on idle it has a what I can only describe as a "stutter"! .....its almost like it decides it wants to die- the revs drop then thinks better of it - probably only does it over a single stroke..... seems to first happen as the bike gets warm a few minutes before the fan cuts in then when the fan is on it may do it a few times.....its never stalled when it does this - it just has a stutter....

its got a new plug (it did the same on the old plug) - all wire connectors seem ok and as I said earlier it does not do it when  being ridden.....

any thoughts?

I have had 3 4rts that do this and a friend has a couple that are similar -if its just a moment then \I think this may be just a normal quirk. If worse check the earth lead from coil to frame. They can corrode and you can add extra earth wire from fro coil to engine bolt. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have an 06 mine hase just started doing tthe same. Just this last Sunday i think i might have just found out what it is , heading back to the house bike started to really loose power the more fuel i gave it the slower it went ,thought i was gonna have to push her up the mountain she was smelling hot as well not over heating just hot. After getting to the house i noticed ,the packing in muffler has come loose and sticking out the tail pipe hope this is my answer for my problem maybe yours to. This bike has been amazing ever since i took her out of the box. I plan on ordering a 300 RR for 2017 as soon as they start taking orders