Best Gripping Bike

john collins

OK - Just to humour me - and get away from ACU matters etc I pose the following question to you all in this season of merriment and good will.

For the average - Clubman rider - of limited ability - which s/hand trials machine - circa 2000 - 2005 woukld you say is the easiest to ride in a muddy, cambered type sections?

Let us presume it is fitted with a Michelin - and is a 250/280 and in good order.

I refer to sections with slippery short climbs ( not balls out climbs) - where grip is always at a premium and skill is at a minimum. Which 2 stroke machine would you choose? - all otherb criteria not important.

In my eyes and experience it's got to between 2 bikes, GasGas 250 and 4rt. All depends on the riders ability and mount choice. 2 or 3rd gear and let the bike work for you on the throttle.............feel is the key.(Steady lads)

Hmm, I posed a similar question on the forum a year or so back, as I recall then the scorpa was highly rated. I believe the Beta r3 250 (with standard slow throttle and flywheel weight) would also be a strong contender, certainly more so then either the 250 PRO or Sherco 290 I've had recently.

Would also note thay Scorpa's and IRC getting extremely popular down south (muddy, short climbs)

i have a 250 06 pro and find that it grips really well, it int all about the bike though its the rider as its more the technique to get the bak wheel to grip, alot could also count of how much pressure you got in back tire etc or so av been told :D;)

:hat:

Forget Michy, get an IRC........and then for grip etc Gasser 250TXT (not pro).

Beta Rev 3 03 onward, and any fit late model Scorpa 250.

Re pack silencer often. Not for noise , but to restore smooth engine feel. Good to reduce noise too! Note that of above, only the Scorpa silencer need cutting open to repack.....

Out practising today with Becky Cook (British champion) on her GG 250 and 3 local lads who all ride in the British youth championships (no mug's). Ended up in our copse riding through a stream along the side and then blasting into a clay rut and up the most gripless climb that god ever made,(hard to even stand up on ) with a step at the top, third gear stuff.

All spent about hour & half at this one and here are the results.

Becky all or nothing but when she made it she did a steeper part at the top and made that GG grip for England, Becky is bloody good at finding grip. :hyper:

Sam Ryan Youth B Gas Gas 125. rode it slower than the rest used the throttle well several cleans but also fell off near the top and slid all the way to the bottom more than once through lack of speed. :rolleyes:

Josh Stephens Youth B new 06 125 Sherco, Brilliant all day can make the bike talk untill he hit the climb, cleaned it several times but struggled like hell to get past halfway up the climb on most attempts.

Chris Stay. Youth C New 06 JLI Beta 80. Small lad. Feet down on the turn onto the climb & could'nt get past halfway for first 20 minutes, but after first clean and about 40 minutes could clean it every time. even cocky enough to give it the look back on several attempts.

Not much good for an adult but the Beta did seem to have the edge on grip today.

:madsanta: