Scorpa 2018? Yay or nay?

Bedds90

Well we got to sit them together and ride 'em for about 1/2 hr or so.  The Sherco is still bone stock save a FWW, Scorpa has no FWW and I've played with the damping setting a little so they weren't exactly the same.   Here was our initial impressions...

It felt like the cockpit was a little smaller on the Sherco (maybe the pegs are a little higher?) and the front seemed more stiff/stable. We both felt like the Scorpa was more lively in the bars but that may be due to suspension, he hasn't done anything with it yet. Scorpa motor was noticeably more snappy but that could be the FWW or the ignition setting, mine is on sun, his wasn't hooked up so it could've been in either mode.

The turning on the Scorpa is tighter but not by much, we both noticed that.  Frames are pretty identical save what they do up at the head, trusses and down tubes are slightly different.  Both bikes rode very well but there were some subtle differences.  Will post up some pics later.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, elemetal said:

Ha,ha,ha....its mine!  Oring at the tank/petcock interface is a joke but I was warned about it before I bought.  Too funny, Lineway; you nailed it.

Jitsie aftermarket petcock fixed the leak on my '18 125 Factory.

I put a slightly thicker Oring on it (about .020" thicker) and set it in some fuel/oil resistant caulk.  The plastic will deform more if you just put a bigger Oring so my thinking was slightly bigger to get better pressure and let the caulk help seal.  Working so far, if it fails again I may just go the Jitsie route.

Blimey virtually new bikes with fuel leaks, if I had invested my hard earned in a new bike and it leaked fuel it would be outside the dealers at the crack of sparrow fart with a dam great arrow pointing at the fuel leak area. It also points to poor preparation before delivery to the purchaser, they would have needed to fuel up the machine to run the engine. If there’s a problem in this area there ought to be a recall or at least send out to owners a modified seal or instructions on what to do.