My 2006 Bike

andyrothers

:blink: It looks really good , well done. Better still it looks pretty competitive as well.ready and raring to go in the mono air cooled classic rounds.

I see that the main footrest section of the frame is the original Aprilia , what about the front tubes. Are they box alloy or steel?

The engine is quite a bit taller than the Aprilia lump.Presumably this engine is a bit lower than the last?.

Is that a Gas Gas front mudguard with a clever little mounting bracket?.

Are you hiding a Ducati style under seat silencer?:D

John,

I've seen the ones on e-bay, i'm hanging on for one i've been promised... thanks for the link tho.

GG249

Thanks for your comments, the motor is a bit taller than the rotax lump, ended up sitting slightly lower than original by extending the bash guard by about an inch. The front down tubes are standard steel box with a joint in (to get the engine in and out) and slighly further forward also. This also allows bit of extra room if i'm lucky enough to pick up a 200 lump at some time. Alas no ducati underseat exhaust, just a tail silencer on the left hand side. Full marks for observation as it is a GG front mudguard which just happened to be lying about. I'm hoping to run it in the air cooled mono championship at sometime this year, once i get all the inevitable gremlins ironed out.....!!

Andy

Nice job on the bike.

If your TL points cover doesn't turn up, try Ellastone Offroad (advertise in TMX under spares) as they have a lot of Honda spares. They often have the odd 200 TLR motor lying around too.

Matter of interest - how much heavier is the TL motor than the original Rotax motor and radiator?

As for a TL points cover - try Dave Silver Spares or look for a cover off one of the Honda 125 or 100 road bikes which use the same/similar motor.

With regard to weight, difficult to tell any difference in weight as i bought a rolling chassis. My best estimate would probably be 4 or 5 kilo's heavier...?

Cheers for all the pointers with regard to replacement covers. Holding out for one that's been promised for next a reasonable sum.... what started out as a 'budget' build has already doubled...

Carb position far from ideal, i have a similar set up on a twin shock bike I built 18 months ago which works fine. Doesn't seem to be any shortage of vacuum... Some theorists believe long inlet manifolds increase torque...One thing it doesn't need a heat shield!! Its a problem i have struggled with but tried to make the gas flow as smooth as possible. Couldn't see any easy way around it with an offset inlet port on the honda and the frame design as it is. Nice little fuel injection system could be a better solution. Just need the degree in electronics first tho...

I'll let you know how it performs when i ride it in anger.

Andy

• 4 months later...