2017 4RT Footpegs

alexlowe

Hi,

I bought one of the new 2017 260RT's that were being sold recently to replace my Beta 200 and I really like it apart from one thing. I tend not to ride with my feet really close to the frame and am therefore finding the footpegs quite narrow under my boot. Does anyone know of some wider footpegs that fit? I don't mean wider in terms of front to back, I mean wider as in stick out further from the frame.

Thanks

The 300 RR had the S3 hard rock aluminum and the standard has the S3 steel if I remember correctly.  

I upgraded to the steel on my 07 4RT and have a 300 RR so can measure them both tonight if someone else doesn’t come back with the data sooner...

I checked the S3 site and didn’t find the information...

Edited by jonnyc21

Hello,

I personally think the narrow pegs are essential to be able to static balance or track stand a motorcycle. When I was restoring agent99's tl125 I thought the pegs were way too narrow, so I put a set of xr trail footpegs on the bike and immediately noticed it was harder to use my legs and foot to keep the required balance to stay up and on the pegs.  I find when im balancing I need to be able to move my knees about freely as well as rolling my foot over the outside edge of the footpeg slightly. with the wider footpegs my leg was too tight and just made it really difficult to nearly impossible. just my personal experience and I could be totally wrong as im a novice in this discipline of riding.  the wide footpegs ended up in the rubbish bin . if u find new pegs don't pitch the originals in case u want to go back.

best regards ,

maxwell 

1 hour ago, maxwell smart said:

Hello,

I personally think the narrow pegs are essential to be able to static balance or track stand a motorcycle. When I was restoring agent99's tl125 I thought the pegs were way too narrow, so I put a set of xr trail footpegs on the bike and immediately noticed it was harder to use my legs and foot to keep the required balance to stay up and on the pegs.  I find when im balancing I need to be able to move my knees about freely as well as rolling my foot over the outside edge of the footpeg slightly. with the wider footpegs my leg was too tight and just made it really difficult to nearly impossible. just my personal experience and I could be totally wrong as im a novice in this discipline of riding.  the wide footpegs ended up in the rubbish bin . if u find new pegs don't pitch the originals in case u want to go back.

best regards ,

maxwell 

The more experience you gain in Trials, the more you will realize how much wider pegs lead to lower scores, not to mention non-aching feet.  B)

Edited by brewtus
Footache
  • Like 3

and make sure they don't slope down when looking at the font /or rear of the bike. Spot of weld keeps them sloping slightly so your feet don't slide off when you lean the bike over when riding:thumbup::P.

It amazing how many people have droopy pegs:wall:

• Like 2