Twin shock project

Junglejeff

On 12/1/2019 at 2:16 AM, pmk said:

It’s an AHRMA rule if the machine were to ever compete in one of those events.

Luckily it will not be a part of that organization.  Heard from someone that is involved with AHRMA trials, they apparently banned OKO and all carbs unless round slide.  Kind of a dumb rule.  So now you must spend more money, plus time and have a bike that likely runs worse to compete in an organization that is struggling to get entries.  Sounds like a great way to promote vintage entries.

Next they will insist on an old school spec tire, the same type tire for everyone.

That AHRMA stuff is a bunch of crap.It is getting that you have to be rich to build a bike that is legal. I heard rumors about them banning oko but was not sure if it was true.I am lucky that our club(WOTA)Is just cable brakes,air cooled,and twin shock.From looking at the utube on the AHRMA stuff the sections are pretty much for geezers having fun.A big turn out in vintage is 6 riders in my club so we are not to picky.We do not really even care about who wins and just have fun.I ride modern on day 1 and vintage on day 2.Honestly have more fun riding vintage as the riders are a blast to ride with.I love the way my friends Suzuki blasts that smoke and my other friend(fantic)that kicks our ass(and kills the modern riders on same sections)vintage is just a blast to ride.

20190915_125604.jpg

Edited by Junglejeff