Works 315r

trialsrfun

:( Yes! Some parts did make it to the outside world.

I went to view a 2003 315 a couple of years ago in deepest Yorkshire.

Along-side the standard 2003 for sale was a Titanium clad 2003 315 that the owner was very protective of.

I begged/hassled my way to a test ride of the 'special'.

The front end was lighter than the standard '03 'cos it had what looked like machined titanium fork legs and clamps ( the owner confirmed where these parts came from to assure me everything was above board).I lost interest in the std bike and made a very, very reasonable offer for the special..he declined..so I bought a Sherco!!?..I never said I was logical. ;)

I had a play at creating a high spec. 315 in the past. Spent lots of time and too much money on it. Across 3 or 4 bikes I tried the 280 conversion, Keihin, VHST, various Mitani Parts, Titanium fixings, polished frame, RTL stickers, etc etc.

The 'real' works bikes are very different to what I achieved, I think everything bar the frame is different by the time the bike took Fuji to the WTC in 2004.

A few 'specials' have been in circulation, but I would guess that the only place you'll find a genuine works 315 in the British Isles is in the Isle Of Man.

The pic is of my '02 in its final clothes. From memory here's the spec:

Carbon fork guards & mudguard stay by Jitsie

Carbon airbox lid, carbon fuel tank and alloy silencer by Mitani Motosport (Japan)

Tank & headlamp paint by Wizardpaintwerks

Porting by Haven

Headlamp unit by Gonelli

Front Master Cylinder by Nissin

Front brake hose by Goodridge

Frontpipe by Aeffe racing factory - Italy

Boyesen reeds & straight pipe by Trialzone

Rear Brake Pedal by LewisportUSA

Footrest mounts by Peter Schwarz

Footpegs by Hebo

Titanium Fixings on everything

post-17-1137529036.jpg

Very trick, Subira,

Lots of quality kit, obviously sourced from around the globe, That little lot must have emptied the wallet a bit, (i can talk!) but what the hell, you only live once, and i'll bet no one else had one anything like it! I love the hand weded front pipe, never heard of the company that made it. did you notice any difference with the lower/ further back peg mounts? Just curious

Very cool bike!

Edited by monty-python

Thats a great looking bike Subira! What did you do with it?

I'm toying with getting another bike and I'm split between getting

a latish rev 3 or an 03/04 315. I was reckoning that you dont see that

many of them and good condition late one allway's stand out among the

droves of gassers and shercos!

Apparently if you put a straight pipe in and change the timing they can get

quite lively though my standard one had enough Juice for me

Chees

Barnesy

Thats a great looking bike Subira! What did you do with it?

There's an unwritten rule in Road Racing that says you sell a bike as you raced it and don't take any of the trick bits off - most bikes change hands immediately after the last race of the season.

Just as well that doesn't extend to Trials - I took all the 'trick' off and sold the bike as standard, then everything else I sold seperately - it found homes all over the globe. Mainly as no one would really understand the value of the bike with the bits on. So sadly it no longer exists in this state.