luct4

What to buy Beta evo 250 factory or evo 300 (same price) - advice please.

Hello,

i'm looking for a trials bike. I ride beginners clubman level. I can buy 2 bikes in verry good condition for the same price:
1. Beta Evo Factory 250 year 2017
2. Bete Evo 300 stock bike year 2017
I read a lot on trialscentral and dont know wbat is the best choice for me. I ride most off the time in a
bike park (no big hills) with a lot of obstacles (technicalà. My weight 65kg. At this moment i only have
a montesa 4ride to play with.

Greathings,
Luc

You'll have to ride them both to know which suits you best,assuming they are similar condition.If  one is much better condition buy that one,they're both good bikes

• Like 1

Thank you,

the problem is that i don't have the poussibility to do that. I ride in technical zones and personally think that
a 250 is the best choice for me as i am a novice. I had a 3004t factory and stuggeled with is.
I rode once a 250 and foud it a lot better but in Belgium most riders like to ride a 300.

Greathings,

Luc

250 wins it every time.  fit a slow action throttle, & 9 tooth gearbox sprocket. 300's are for more experienced riders & can often get the better of you. Lots of people go for the bigger  cc models , then end up spending a tidy sum de tuning them to make them more rideable, when a 250 does the job just as well.  

• Like 2

I would buy the 250.  For a start it is the factory option which has better parts fitted.  Second unless you are really very good the extra power is wasted, you simply don't have the ability to use it.  I have recently bought a 250 Evo for my wife and it is very good.  It is an older bike than the 2017 and not the factory option.  It is slightly less powerful than my TRS but the main difference is it is just an older bike and a bit worn out.  Upgrading to a 2017 factory would be nice and give her a bike that would last for years.  Her problem would be that I would want it and try to use it all the time. ?

• Like 1

Hi folks, 

even though I am the old an ugly guy, I am myself riding and enjoying a125 evo yet now I am looking at upgrading to a larger cc bike. 

At my local club most of guys have either downsized their 300 or went straight for a 250. They figured a 300 racing/factory is too brutal, engine build up too much inertia and often they found themselves into trouble while being on top of step and sharp obstacles, engines are pulling and pushing so strong that it required really good skills clutch control in these situations... 

They found out that a 250 provided far from enough power for most of riders unless you can do the rear wheel pogo like toni bou at elite level on huge steps and so on! True that a 300 is fun for jumps / splatters and such and ivermore no doubts about riding trails and single tracks, but still a 250 will do the job... I do it on my 125... and when you look at what the younger can achieve on their 125 it's an eye opener I reckon. 

Two friends bought 2019 evos 250 one factory and the other the basic model. Believe it or not but engines character really differ quite a lot the factory is more revy and likes opening the throtlle and clutch input more than the standard model which has really more grunt from down low to the mid range where it kind of bogged down and become gentle while doesn t want to Rev as per the factory... plus the equipment which quite a difference from both model hence the price tag! 

I myself am looking forward to switch to a 250 and since coming from my 125 that I have to Rev like nut to get anywhere I might be more inclined toward the factory model not having the habit of riding on the low throtlle opening which is very usual within older generation of trial riders apparently... 

A very strong rider has the 300 factory and agrees that a 250 is far enough and exploiting its full potential is not for everyone, he is also considering moving down to a 250 on its next acquisition for the fun of it?

So yeah my ideas on the subject, you might want to consider in particular the difference in the power delivery between standard and factory models IMAO plus bracktec VS grimeca , Sach VS 16V...

Davy 

Edited by singesavant

Thanks for the information. Is it realy a great difference in engine and grunt between the stock evo 250 and the factory model as singesavant rode above?
Could it be an option to install teh stock exhaust?

Greathings,
Luc

On 10/30/2019 at 8:29 PM, luct4 said:

Beta Evo Factory 250

Luc it's not night and day both are 250 trial bike and both engines have great low end, overmore you might want to consider changing the Reed cage for boyesen (around 40€) which improves low end a bit... 

If you look at beta announcements for the 2019 factory model and the 2020 standard one they mention cylinder diagrams change for a more modern trial style but the bike you are mentioning is a 2017 model! So maybe these previous years evo were not concerned for engines character differences? 

https://www.betamotor.com/en/moto/evo-2t-125-250-300/

In the end I personally think you can't go wrong with he 250 factory you will have some great times, on the other hand the 300 has a even more grunty and inertia engine but do you have what it takes to use its full potential and to not get into trouble at times... these are the questions I ask myself and hopefully I will go for a 250 sooner that later! 

One great thing about evo is the reliability of these bikes, with couple guys we are riding a lot I mean a lot and even though I bought mine one year and a half ago ( yet I already went to over 5/6 liter of engine 2 stroke oil), I only got to fix or change part that are due to be change as per maintenance or such as tire, brake pad and so on... not to mention about control levers, handlebar, grips since I am a big noob and get to learn the hard way on our very Rocky terrain... ?

What I mean is that most of guys over here used to ride gas gas which re great apparently but man did they break: frame cracks, water pump leak, crankshaft bearing failure, exhaust Crack... 

Beta have their weaknesses such as the rear fender being to stiff plastic, front one not great either, skid plate does not like taking lot of abuse (I mean a lot) well minor details, but so far none of us got huge issues concerning frame or engine apart listed above they re kind of bullet proof! 

Like they say my two cents with my little experience (yet lot of hours on my 125 over one year) 

They are reliable and easy trial bike quite well-suited for the regular clubman I think and I don t see why you wouldn't enjoy a 2017 250 factory evo?. Now everything is personal you will still have to make up your own ideas about it. 

Enjoy your ride my mate whatever your bike will be

Davy

Edited by singesavant

12 hours ago, luct4 said:

Could it be an option to install teh stock exhaust?

12 hours ago, singesavant said:

...you might want to consider changing the Reed cage for boyesen (around 40€) which improves low end a bit...

Why buy a superb bike then spend more money on it?  There is a guy in our club has the factory Beta and loves it - he has been riding 4 years and is better than me but not Bou by a long way.  I imagine our conditions are very similar to North Belgium?

People buy the 300 then spend lots de-tuning it.

My wife's (2014) 250 Evo is a bit lacking in refinement and needs slightly better brakes and other features that (I think) the newer factory models probably have.  It's still a very good bike and she loves it.  If I had the cash I would upgrade it to a newer factory 250 to get the better brakes and other cycle parts.  The engine is faultless.

Edited by ChrisCH

Hello everyone,

thanks for all the good advice. I just bought a Evo 250 factory like new. Iff i had the money i had bought a 300 Bosi SS
with lots of extra parts.My local dealer Jori Sport Belgium made a verry nice price for the 2019 model.
Here are some pictures of my new toy. I'm verry happy with this one.

Greathings,
Luc

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, luct4 said:

Hello everyone,

thanks for all the good advice. I just bought a Evo 250 factory like new. Iff i had the money i had bought a 300 Bosi SS
with lots of extra parts.My local dealer Jori Sport Belgium made a verry nice price for the 2019 model.
Here are some pictures of my new toy. I'm verry happy with this one.

Greathings,
Luc

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Man she looks like new not even a dent! Now I am jealous ?

How is your dealer selling the 2019 is it the factory or standard model? 

Davy

Helllo,

the bosi 2019 is the stock model with lots of modifications like light weight fork clamps, bosi package, lightweight bolt, footpeggs,smoother cluch, 
different cylinder head (smoother),.... Phone Johan (Jori Motors) 0476 64 29 82.

Greathings,

Luc