Beta Electrics & Water

ruffrider

I used WD 40 to get the sticky remnants of some old Technosel off the swinging arm on my Rev 3, so there's definately something in it. I hope it doesn't affect the sealant on the coils though, because I've started to blather mine in WD 40 when I take the flywheel cover off to wipe off any moisture. ;)

P.S. I had the stator plate fail on me a while ago, took the bike to <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> at Royston who had the plate re-furbished and drilled the cover. Since then, I've had no bother, touch wood, although I religiously take the cover off and dry the inside after I wash the bike. :P

Ah! Another fine testimony to the good effect of gravity removing water! Imagine that!

A treatment of clear high temp engine enamel will help protect against water entry to the electrics.

There is a moisture displacement called Corrosion-x that is widely used in aircraft and marine that is touted as safe for electronics. It also lasts longer than wd-40 but is more expensive. :P

Just an idea not sure if it will work but wrap sellotape around casing while the cover is off and apply a little grease then put the cover on and put silicone around the edge of it and allow to set. after it has set remove the cover and sellotape and re-fit the cover the silicone should still be attatched and form a nice seal.

P.S sorry if it doesnt make much sense i thought about it whilst doing my homework Damm stuff hate it

Hi again,

thanks for all the comments.

Sounds like WD40 might not be ideal for the electrics and I'm not keen on spraying with paint or enamel.

I'll track down some proper ingition spray.

I might also explore Essex Riders idea of effecting some kind of seal.

Must be better to prevent than cure.