Montesa 349 Carburettor

mjwilson

Mikuni, Dellorto, OKO ,  in fact probably anything would last longer than an Amal 

If possible buy from someone who can advise regarding size & jetting etc. 

• Thanks 1

Don't buy an OKO off Ebay they are fakes, contact Mid Atlantic Trials in USA they have done loads and may well  have done a 348  and know what jets work they are very helpful, cost about £120 with spare jets and very easy to set up and work really well.  The main jet size on an OKO does not correlate directly and is usually a bit bigger if you run a 100 main now you may need a 120 but the people at Mid Atlantic will explain all.

Geoff

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll have a look this afternoon and get back to you with the jet sizes, I bought mine second hand off a fella who had it on a 349 

and its the best money I've spent on the bike.. Would recommend Mid Atlantic trials if I was after a new one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 1:16 AM, djr said:

Mikuni, Dellorto, OKO ,  in fact probably anything would last longer than an Amal 

If possible buy from someone who can advise regarding size & jetting etc. 

I would agree up until Amal introduced the Premier range of their Concentrics several years ago.

More expensive, but........ superb build and component quality, a removeable pilot jet and a hard anodized slide. Really nice bits of kit.