TRS e-start

TwinsDad

Standard battery chargers should not be used on Lithium batteries, this is what I had been advised from a Lithium battery manufacturer, the technology is different and only chargers specially designed for them should be used. 

Lithium batteries do not loose charge over time, unless something is connected to them, like a clock... Etc., which is not the case on the TRS. 

MI Husqvarna enduro bike has sat unused for a full year without using it, i cleaned the bike and started normally prior to delivery to the new owner as i just only do trial right nowadays, just unbelievable! 

Things change! 

• 9 months later...

Well I know I'm coming in late to this thread but it asks exactly what I want to know. I always put pigtails on my bikes for easy charging. So I pulled the headlight assembly off last night, where the battery is stored and its a completely different battery than I was expecting. It did say its a LifePo4 like all the rest but it looked like several C or D batteries stuck together. There are no terminals on top as you would expect. I'm going to follow the wires down under the tank and see if there is a spot to tap into. Or, I will check to see if Firepower or Anti-gravity makes a replacement for it. Works just fine but I like to be safe.

• 4 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

I’d like to know the answer to that question—AND if anyone knows a way to add a flywheel weight to the electric start TRS. Next I do want to put in a trickle charge because my bike is 3’years old and it does appear to have a weaker than normal

battery. It will start the bike when it is fully warm but you only get one shot at it. The battery only will turn the engine over a few times before it Peters out. I would gladly put a higher power battery in if someone knows a compatible replacement.  I’ve also heard someone has designed a battery that fits in the airbox and has anti-gravity cells in it. That would

allow me to put a decent number plate on the bike as well. 

The 2021 and onward Bikes have the battery behind the front lights. I guess it shouldn't be too difficult to convert.

As for your battery, it's probably just old and dead. My lithium batteries did have the same symptoms on my KTM. The battery still works in my kickstart only street bike but will not start the KTM reliably. New battery fixed this.

My TRS is from 2019 with a starter btw but has still the original battery. But until I bought it a couple of months ago it had only 5h on it.

• 2 months later...

On 1/18/2023 at 10:07 PM, sherpa325 said:

Is it true the E start bikes have a lighter flywheel in order to accommodate the starting mechanism?  If so is it noticeable in relation to the engine performance?

If you're still wondering, yes it's true. When I got my 2020 250 I rode with a friend that had the previous year 250. We swapped bikes and both noticed the difference in flywheel effect. It was a small difference and neither of us thought it was a big deal, it just required a small adjustment by the rider.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Charging TRS Battery.pdfHi everyone. Here is some help just in case you need to recharge the TRS Battery Pack with a charger. 

This is the official battery manual to do so.

You will need the TRS ADAPTER CHARGER BATTERY ELECTRIC START. 

Part no. 09016TR100  (No. 8 in the part diagram)

Charger type: Use only a ferric lithium-ion charger. See charger description “LiFePO4”

You can check all your parts numbers, manuals, racing parts and accessories here: https://trsmotorcycles.com/Descargas

See attached wiring diagram and charging manual pdf.

Any more questions, please contact your local dealer, importer or write to info@trsmotorcycles.com

Thanks to all.

Carlos Echavarría S.

Charging TRS Battery.pdf

PArt No. 8 charging adapter.jpg