Classic Off-road & Twinshock Show 25/2/2006

johnnyboxer

The red one was also apparently one of Lampkins old ones. Did hear it's also up for sale. No price tag though.

Shame Dave didnt have Vesty's old bike on show especially seeing as there has been so much interest in it of late on this site.

One question. The bike shown in your photos, number 34/35 i think. What is the engine in that? Was it a diesel? Just got a feeling it was something weird. Some good engineering evident on the bike but i was puzzled as to the powerplant. Why also came to mind but Why not would probably be the answer. So what was it?

Funny you took a piccy of the Mecatechno. So did i. Now that was a tasty bike. Very well put together and thought out. Anybody rode one? How did they go?

Anybody took a picture of the James of Alan Wrights just inside the door? I'm looking to build one and am trying to gather as many piccys and info as i can before i go ahead.

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Quote: Funny you took a piccy of the Mecatechno. So did i. Now that was a tasty bike. Very well put together and thought out. Anybody rode one? How did they go?

I seem to remember 'Original' used to ride one of those in his younger days - he could probably tell you.

Do you know the story behind the 240 with the Bultaco style muffler..?

Nice display Martin..wheres the Jumbo..?

Motosinge :blink::P;):D Cant beleive that you of all people doesnt know the story behind the 240 with the Bultaco style muffler!!!!!!!!...........it belongs to Steve Monk and was his works bike that he used in the 83 British Arena Trials Championship.

Not enough space in the van for the Jumbo, maybe next time.

Martin

I have never looked but what are the ACU or whatever rules about bikes ridden in twinshock events? ... surely it must be bikes that were originally produced with twinshocks!!! Or is it about time that a list was drawn up on bikes that are able to ride in these events... and items that must remain standard (brakes, carbs, cc etc)

ACU Classic this year - bike must have been fitted with twinshocks as original manufacture and no disc brakes. For club and centre events it's up to organising clubs I guess but no-one seems bothered to specify any rules and anything appears to go - like the t/s TY mono down your way.

Can't say I'm too bothered about club/centre events, as long as the National Classic championship sticks to the rules. If anyone turns up on a bike that doesn't conform, let them ride but no points awarded.

Back to the show, I didn't think there was as much variety in the bikes on display as last year, but the Ossa MAR more than made up for it. Nicest trial bike there for me, but I am a bit biased...

Noticed a clean MAR just sold on e bay and a Woodie was the winner. You bought another one Woodie? :blink:

No, not me. I'm about to put a MK2 MAR on ebay myself actually. Bought it to rebuild to original condition as it is a runner, pretty well unmolested but tatty, but just don't have the time as other matters are now pressing. I've got an entry into the Pre65 Scottish after years of trying so need to free up some time/cash to get the bike ready. 4RT is already on ebay, Ossa to follow and maybe something else.

The C15 is going to need some serious attention to get it prepped but I'm so chuffed to finally get a ride it will be worth it I hope.

That MAR really was a beaut. I'm doing one like it myself and would like to show it next year along with a Cota 247 and Sherpa from the same era, the 'big 3' of the early 70s, but it will take a miracle... I also fell over at the sight of the 74 Phantom that was on display - absolutely beautiful and contained some bits from the Phantom I sold to him a while back, so it was nice to see they enabled him to finish his own bike to such a stunning finish.