Bike infohelp

slowrider

Nice-looking wheelset you've got there.  And I'll bet you're glad you didn't toss 'em.  They polished up very nicely!

As to your swingarm... the cable guide was likely modified for additional brake rod clearance with the left-side brake.  Personally, I like the positive feel of the brake rod vs. right-side pedal using a cable.  Doesn't take long to acclimate to opposite shift/brake orientation... and, as an added bonus, with right-side shifting you can really raise that lever for greater obstacle clearance - which you can't do as well with the left-side lever due to lever contact with the drive chain.

Looking forward to your finished restoration!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, vintagenut said:

Nice-looking wheelset you've got there.  And I'll bet you're glad you didn't toss 'em.  They polished up very nicely!

As to your swingarm... the cable guide was likely modified for additional brake rod clearance with the left-side brake.  Personally, I like the positive feel of the brake rod vs. right-side pedal using a cable.  Doesn't take long to acclimate to opposite shift/brake orientation... and, as an added bonus, with right-side shifting you can really raise that lever for greater obstacle clearance - which you can't do as well with the left-side lever due to lever contact with the drive chain.

Looking forward to your finished restoration!

Still torn on which side to use, but starting to think you may be right

Another dumb question, the swing arm bolt has very few threads engaged, is this normal or did I get to short a bolt? had to destroy the old one getting it out and pretty sure it went all the way through the nut on the old one.

swing arm bolt 2.jpg

9 hours ago, slowrider said:

Another dumb question, the swing arm bolt has very few threads engaged, is this normal or did I get to short a bolt? had to destroy the old one getting it out and pretty sure it went all the way through the nut on the old one.

swing arm bolt 2.jpg

Two thicknesses of that plastic coating and that washer being new would not be helping the situation

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/10/2022 at 6:10 PM, slowrider said:

Well I tried Feked and trials france but neither site would let me buy anything, website was a POS. So I am off to motion since the wesite actually seems to work and take my money..very frustrating. Would like to go through Hughes, but his website is worthless also.

I'm finishing up a 199A so I know what you're going through. InMotion parts come unbelievably fast to the States. But, Hugh's or now its known as ClassicBultaco.com is very good. Tim Wever is an excellent source of advice and help and they have lots more than on their site. Call or send an email.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gearboy said:

I'm finishing up a 199A so I know what you're going through. InMotion parts come unbelievably fast to the States. But, Hugh's or now its known as ClassicBultaco.com is very good. Tim Wever is an excellent source of advice and help and they have lots more than on their site. Call or send an email.

Bought a few items from Hughes, just took forever, actually got stuff quicker from Motion