Cheadle A&b Cancelled.

jonty

As a club sec I would say this just shows that riders must start getting their &rses in to gear and fill in their entry forms when they are released.

NOT WAITING UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE. If you have not a copy of the entry form ask the club that is promoting the event for one !!!!

A youth championship trial costs a few quid to put on, if the entries are not there what happens? The club looses money and wont do it again.

Trophies, toilets, etc dont come cheap !!!!

Often leading riders, and you know who you are, get on the phone WELL

after the closing date with every excuse under the sun.

At the beginning of the year the dates list is published, work from that.

I am VERY sad at Cheadle being cancelled, for the club and for our club (BRADFORD) as we were not given a round this year. B)

Jonty, maybe the entries are so low that the club has made a decision to allow people to cancel accomodation etc without loosing money.

It's probably down to confusion over what is and isn't a National at the moment. It isn't a "scoring" A & B National this year so maybe many riders feel it's not worthwhile to enter given the travel involved.

I was confused after I got an email from Barry Robinson advising it had been cancelled and went to edit the calendar to reflect the changes. The email didn't indicate it wasn't a scoring round so I was looking for a Youth A&B Champsionship round entry, but couldn't find one. I sussed it eventually, but it wasn't clear.

I had the published ACU calendar for 2006 and input all the events from that to the new Trials Central events calendar at the time I set it up. It wasn't detailed info and I had to guess a lot, but it got the main events in the calendar.

I think, moving forward and working with the ACU and guys like John Collins we can sort out the confusion and move from publishing "vague" event information to getting things pretty much spot-on. This is a new thing and it does rely very much on the Clubs involved. Some have given me updates to National/Championship events I've posted to the Calendar, most haven't. That's something I need to sort out.

One thing that is going to change is Clubs promoting events on the Calendar and then providing zero results or post-event articles on Trials Central. I don't see why they should be allowed to use Trials Central resources to promote their events and give nothing back.

The problem is the fact that there is so much on, that you can't afford to go to events that have no real status or reputation. With 8 British championship events, 6 Y.M.S.A. trials plus thier three day. The inter centre team trial, 3 european trials, and with all the local championships etc etc, the miles, time, and money all add up. Good trials will see good entries as the word spreads,and a good report in T&MXN always helps. Before we ran our first youth national we did about 12 months planing, talked to people asking their views etc, if the trial is right people will come. B)

I am taking North Yorkshire Lad to as many of the "scoring" nationals as are in our area, which are YG on sunday, and later in the year Richmond and Scarborough. My intention was also to go to the Cheadle, Mansfield Maun and Bradford "non-scoring" rounds. It looks like the Cheadle Trial "got away" from me somehow.We shall be at Bradford's non-scoring round as Bradford work hard at making sure their events are publicised on this site, their own and in the TMX. I tried to make sure the Yeadon-Guiseley A& B National regs got publicised via Trialscentral and it looks like the Triple attack (which included the TMX) worked as the entry is very healthly. I can't help feeling that Cheadle needed to work extra hard in order to promote a non-scoring event and failed to do so. Hopefully the publicity will give them the entry they want for the replacement trial and show the value of web sites to clubs.

Hmmmm!!! looked at the Calendar and the Cheadle trial is only down as "The Moorlands Youth Trial" no mention of classes which is probably why I didn't pick it up.

Edited by Telecat

The Bradford date in June will be a SPECIAL event as it is the club's 100th year.

TWO days of youth trialling not just the one!

CD Sat, AB Sun, NOT A BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIP EVENT

More details to follow.

Keep thi eye on the clubs website.

Just for Interest these are the SCORING A & B Nationals this year

Yeadon & Guiseley DMC 19/02

Otter Vale MCC 19/03

Scarborough & Dist MCC 23/04

Kent Y.T.C 04/06

Abergavenny MC 02/07

Richmond MC 27/08

Surrey Schoolboys 01/10

Isle of Wight 14/10

Non-Scoring Rounds.

Cheadle cancelled

Mansfield Maun 28/05

Bradford & District 11/06

EMRA 16/07

I think the idea is WRC style that trials will be "rested" from the Championship and re-installed the next while another is "rested".

Think you will find the richmond round has been moved forward a week, 20th Now.

After a fair bit of haggling with the ACU Richmond got the dates changed to avoid a clash with the YMSA 3 day Trial, I don't believe that the ACU calendar has been updated to show this.

Ladies round is 13-08-2006

C&D round is 19-08-2006

A&B round is 20-08-2006

Venues to be confirmed, the intention is to run the ABCD rounds at a common venue to suit camping etc.

no1 Posted Feb 18 2006, 12:23 AM

bradford very good hard trial chedle poor trial. Good trial good entry bad trial crap entry

You got it in 1 their No1.

there is nothing wrong with the Cheadle venue, but all the sections were always around the rocks & not over them, which kind of defeated the object. :hyper:

On the other hand, the Bradford national is/was a cracking trial, & has already been penciled into our plans for this year. :hyper:

Sound even better now if its goin to be abit of a shindig :)

We may even Camp :hyper: