2023 Gas Gas TXT 300

Butch

6 hours ago, Butch said:

I noticed that Scottro. Your right almost everything is Torx. I have a small rail of Craftsman but mostly Harbor Freight bits. I had the craziest time trying to get the fender off! I wanted to check the air filter to make sure it's oiled. I've bought a Honda years ago and the filter was dry. I guess dealer prep forgot that lol. But yes the Gasser filter is ready to go. I took the one Torx screw out and couldn't figure out what was still holding it on. Then the good ole owners manual showed those 4 holes that snap in. It's actually pretty cool how they do that. I just hope the tabs don't eventually break off. I want to double check my shock settings yet too. Not sure where it is from the dealership and factory. I already did the forks. Fun bike to work on compared to others I've owned 

Butch, your shock settings should all be at midpoint.  The owners manual will tell you that.  I put new springs (front and back) in my bike to accommodate my weight.  I checked the settings and they were pretty much at midpoint.  It was a piece of cake to remove the rear shock.  Swapping the spring was even easier.  Spring in the fork was a 5 minute job.

• Like 1

A Beta wasn't available. Actually here where I live there's not too many places to buy a trials bike or anything related to them. If you start asking about a trials motorcycle around here people assume your saying trail bike because they never heard of them. They look at you like your a one eyed cyclops. This is big time motocross country here.  The neighbor kid looked at it and asked my wife what the hell is that?  Hahaha 😆 Captain Bob I was wondering about how the spring change was. It sounds easy. One thing, where do you get the springs for oth a shock and forks? I could actually go a little softer after I ride it for awhile. And hopefully it's fine the way it is. We will see. I have the owners manual. Actually I got the print owners manual. I had to have it shipped from KTM. I wish someone made a shop repair manual. That would help a lot 

1 hour ago, lineaway said:

Until he can start it, it is a pile. You new guys are in left field. The only conversation that makes sense is slowing the gearing down a little.

You should have bought a Beta 200.

That wasn't very nice.  Maybe you are the pile.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

A Beta wasn't available. Actually here where I live there's not too many places to buy a trials bike or anything related to them. If you start asking about a trials motorcycle around here people assume your saying trail bike because they never heard of them. They look at you like your a one eyed cyclops. This is big time motocross country here.  The neighbor kid looked at it and asked my wife what the hell is that?  Hahaha 😆 Captain Bob I was wondering about how the spring change was. It sounds easy. One thing, where do you get the springs for oth a shock and forks? I could actually go a little softer after I ride it for awhile. And hopefully it's fine the way it is. We will see. I have the owners manual. Actually I got the print owners manual. I had to have it shipped from KTM. I wish someone made a shop repair manual. That would help a lot 

I got the shock and fork springs from Trial Store USA.  (trialstoreusa.com)    They are good folks and will help you out.  If I recall though, I think the stock springs should be good for your weight.  

• Thanks 1

No I agree with you Captain Bob. .I don't understand why some people are like that to someone they know absolutely nothing about or understand their situation. But I think the spring rate is going to be fine. I saw their website. They sure have about anything you need down there. It's going to be fine for me. Like we were talking about, I don't plan on doing anything that will make a YouTube short with 6000 likes lol. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Scottro said:

I probably have the same lift.  Takes a little effort to get in up on the thing, but it works really well.

17 hours ago, Butch said:

Yep it's a Vovor. Like you said, still have to get it up on there but then your all set up without kneeling on the floor. That's not pleasant for old guys like me lol

Tip when lifting a trials bike onto a stand, as tempting and convenient as it is do not grab the muffler to lift the bike.

Reach down just a little farther and grab the tire/rim and lift.  Will save the muffler from getting wonky and provides better lift to set it on a stand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A definite thank you there Zippy! I really never thought of that until yesterday up at the garage. I started wondering what to grab onto when I put it up on the stand. Appreciate that tip. As common as it probably is to a lot of people, those kinds of tips help a lot! I will take any tips or advice I'm given.

• Like 1

Another easy left-field newbie mistake to make is brushing your right leg against the header.   If you're tired and frustrated from attempting to kick start the bike, or trying to roll it back,  it's easy enough to do. (Ask me how I know.) It sticks out just right.  Lol   0lder gents like me  in my polyester slacks need to be mindful.  :)

Edited by Scottro
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Butch said:

No I agree with you Captain Bob. .I don't understand why some people are like that to someone they know absolutely nothing about or understand their situation. But I think the spring rate is going to be fine. I saw their website. They sure have about anything you need down there. It's going to be fine for me. Like we were talking about, I don't plan on doing anything that will make a YouTube short with 6000 likes lol. 

Some folks do not realize when they are tipping a few... they should stay off the keyboard!  😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Captain  b. You guys have managed to get this 23 Gasser thread to 6 pages. All the while not fixing the bike or anyhing to do with actually riding one. If we had a moderator it should be moved to the USA thread. God knows that thread needs some help. Or post it under the 4 newbies. I think you all might be drinking the kool aid yourselfs. A lot of BS about nothing.

Any how Butch, it will be great to hear if you ever get that thing running or not. You might even get to ride it someday. Or you could use that bike stand to show it off in your nan cave. LOL

• Like 2
  • Confused 1