Bultaco Sherpa T fork with rusty

Sherpa_350

I think that after I acid tested the finish to make sure it is Chrome and not Zinc I would measure the fork tube diameter very accurately somewhere that the tube has experienced zero wear or corrosion, then I would make the entire tube that same size.

1 minute ago, lemur said:

I think that after I acid tested the finish to make sure it is Chrome and not Zinc I would measure the fork tube diameter very accurately somewhere that the tube has experienced zero wear or corrosion, then I would make the entire tube that same size.

Thanks Lemur. I have to send forks legs to Portugal Mainland, we don't have any society that can do this here on the Islands. Good suggestion. 👍

On 10/26/2023 at 12:43 PM, kurtas said:

In Motion in the UK are selling new stanchions, if your stanchions are more than just a little rusty you might find it will be more cost effective to purchase new items.

I have a set for my TY250 from InMotion & knowing what it cost to have the stanchions on my CZ mx bike rechromed they are exceptional value, can't fault their customer service, were in my hands the next day

Edited by tony27

2 hours ago, sherpa325 said:

I personally think too many things can go wrong if you you farm the job out to an inexperienced company. InMotion have a great reputation and are easy to deal with even though I'm on the other side of the world

Thanks! Do you have the web from InMotion, please, I can't find it