250 Beta 250 EVO - Amsoil Saber

master68

Key is to try and get an oil with a low burning temperature (flash point).
Have a look at the oils in your shop and pick one that is on the lower end of the burning temperature as Trials motors generally don't get hot enough to correctly burn the most fantastic fully synthetic oils designed for race bikes.

I’ve heard that (using Saber) from many other riders because they mix @ 100:1, save money and have a cleaner burn. I’d like to be able to do that too but just can’t pull the trigger. I contacted Amsoil personally and asked, off the record, if I could but they closed the door on that and said to use Amsoil Dominator instead. Very trustworthy and competent people seem to use it with no problems but Amsoil clearly says not to. I wonder what the deal really is. I’m currently using Motorex at man. rec. @ 67:1 and wished things burned a bit cleaner. My bike is new with only about 4 hours on it and I pulled the head off to have a look. Everything was covered in carbon and oil. It smokes like crazy too. 2 strokes smoke, I get that, but am I missing out on something somewhere? Maybe it need to break-in more, I don’t know.

If what your burning looks like crap, well it`s crap. I learned years ago all oil is not the same. Ran Bel Ray since I got it at distributor price. Then got to see motors stripped down. What an eye opener! Most are ****. Clean is clean. Good luck.

On 1/30/2024 at 9:23 PM, kurtas said:

Key is to try and get an oil with a low burning temperature (flash point).
Have a look at the oils in your shop and pick one that is on the lower end of the burning temperature as Trials motors generally don't get hot enough to correctly burn the most fantastic fully synthetic oils designed for race bikes.

Where do you find the flash point?  Is there a comparison chart somewhere?