Ssdt/tc P*** Up

slapshot 3

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slapshot, I see you work for the Met office. Is it possible for you to arrange for it to be warm on Thursday morning for the run up to Chairlift!!!

Mark T

If I could do that I'd make a fortune, I always thought that the cold, wet weather was part of the fun of riding the Scottish :)

Hopefully May will be fine but the waye the weather is screwed up this year god alone knows.

Donald

Oh dear Slip, looks like things have got very serious up in the Highlands  :D

Ishy things have always been Serious regarding the SSDT Dont Believe for one minute that Bending of rules etc from the top down to the last person finishing has never gone on! What colour are the trees in your world? cheer up there is life out there, :) see you up in the fort for a pint all being well. :blush:

Okay chaps and chapettes,

has anyone thought of a TC booze up somewhere in Fort William during the Scottish this year, just want to know so if i'm in the Fort I can be there

going back to the original post of this thread

i thought that there was only one booze-up at the scottish -

Location - Fortwilliam :blush:

start time Saturday night :)

finish time Sunday morning (7 days later) :D

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to 'Slippery' (one of the most colourful pesonalities ever to grace Fort William) for the defamation of his character! :blush:

And I hope that whatever night the TC booze up takes place, you all have a jolly good time :)

Edited by 2fargone

Okay chaps and chapettes,

has anyone thought of a TC booze up somewhere in Fort William during the Scottish this year, just want to know so if i'm in the Fort I can be there

going back to the original post of this thread

i thought that there was only one booze-up at the scottish -

Location - Fortwilliam :blush:

start time Saturday night :)

finish time Sunday morning (7 days later) :D

OTH,

How could I have forgotten that......

d

I don't know who Slippery is, obviously some of you do.

If it was an anonymous poster from Spain who mentioned riding out to the sections in a van, what would the response be then ?.

Sorry if I offended anyone, I never thought I would be getting flak for not condoning cheating.

Bit of a sad day when it is excepted as the norm.

If it was an anonymous poster from Spain who mentioned riding out to the sections in a van, what would the response be then ?.

Sorry if I offended anyone, I never thought I would be getting flak for not condoning cheating.

Bit of a sad day when it is excepted as the norm.

Don't think it's that Ishy, the idea of "cheating" has always been a bit of the folklore around the trial, certainly dating back to the 60's when "fuel planking" was apparently rife (modern bikes could do with some of that!!) to the 80's when folk asked why Eddy Lejeune always managed to turn up at section spotlessly clean, even after 20 miles of peat bog. There are more recent instances as well.

Those who cheat and are caught are excluded from the trial, they should never get an entry again, doesn't matter who they are

What happened to Ishys deleted post?

Must have been deleted by Ishy himself. It certainly wasn't deleted by me, nor would any moderator have done so. I back him 100% on this one. If you cheat (and I've seen it) then the only person you're cheating is yourself.

Yeah, we take the **** out of Kinell, but he finished that Trial fair and square. He can be proud of his finishers award. How could you be proud of finishing knowing that you cheated? It's beyond me, but I know there are folk out there who do.