Ssdt/tc P*** Up

slapshot 3

I would be interested to see if the trial would ban folk that cheat. Does swapping bikes like a certain famous Sherco rider from Spain count as cheating? What would happen to the odd one or two riders that get lost and end up going a different route to the flags and find the group? Would you be banned as a 'cheat'?

Edited by boofont

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would happen to the odd one or riders that get lost and end up going a differant route to the flags

Hey Boof! I have been the wrong side of a section marker ;):D

The rules are there, and the club officials I am sure would implement excluding riders if cheating goes on!

If you have severe bike problems that requires work to be carried out in Park Ferme, don't forget that there is a rule now that allows you to continue to ride the trial on a no award basis. So you may see a rider that has had his problems, that you think should have been excluded, riding the following day.

Remember for 'Joe Clubman' it costs an awful lot of money to compete in the SSDT, to throw a rider out on the first day if he had mechanical problems, having parted with all that money, was the reason the club brought in this rule.

To the riders that cheat and remain in the results, then this is wrong, but catching them is sometimes very difficult. Would you march into the SSDT office and say No.?? has swapped bikes and would or could the officials want to do anything about it on someones 'Say so' :)

If you cheat you are cheating yourself...................Now who wants to give me a lift to Chairlift in the back of their van :lol::)

On a lighter note we have just been reminiscing about the SSDT back in the early 90's and I wondered if the little fella in the brown robin reliant is still around and involved with the trial.

He was a real character and used to start each rider off in the morning and do the time control at the end of each day.

I can't remember his name, anyone who rode back then will remember him though :lol:

On a lighter note we have just been reminiscing about the SSDT back in the early 90's and I wondered if the little fella in the brown robin reliant is still around  and involved with the trial.

He was a real character and used to start each rider off in the morning and do the time control at the end of each day.

I can't remember his name, anyone who rode back then will remember him though :lol:

His name is Tommy, that's all I've ever known him as and I'm sure he was there last year, as you say a real character and not to be messed with.. :)

His name is Tommy, that's all I've ever known him as and I'm sure he was there last year, as you say a real character and not to be messed with..

Tom Leggatt, not sure it is the right spelling, but yes was there last year. A real charachter, used to come in a Robin Reliant, not anymore, but it's a hell of a long way from the South of England in a 3 wheeler on the A an B roads.

Edited by GIZZA5

His name is Tommy, that's all I've ever known him as and I'm sure he was there last year, as you say a real character and not to be messed with..

Tom Leggatt, not sure it is the right spelling, but yes was there last year. A real charachter, used to come in a Robin Reliant, not anymore, but it's a hell of a long way from the South of England in a 3 wheeler on the A an B roads.

Thats it, I thought it was Tom or something like that did he really come from down south in that Robin? :lol::)