Help Appreciated

beta_basher

Sorry Beta Basher but you've just discovered why your bike was cheap :beer:

In my opinion honesty is the best policy so these are your options as i see them...

Sell your bike and buy a 125

Buy a barrel and piston kit to convert yours to a 125 (Not 100% sure this is possible on a sherco)

Only enter AMCA events. Here a link to their sites so you can see which clubs are close... http://www.amca.uk.com/clubs.html

Have a word with your local ACU club. Explain your situation and ask for help. They MAY let you ride especially as you are just a beginner but the ACU are making this more difficult and insurance may be an issue.

Best of luck

Guys he wont be entering in class so it doesnt matter i know thats how it runs at our club because my friend does/did it. Our club has now opened a Youth Novice so you ride the bike you have but in class as long as your still classed as a youth.

If someone from our club wants to clarify that but im sure thats how it is..i wouldnt see why guisborough wouldnt do it.

Edited by Lewis-GasGas

I'm sorry Lewis Gas-Gas you're wrong. If you ride out of class you must still ride the engine capacity of your correct class.

Sell the 200, read the ACU handbook and buy the correct bike, unless you were born in 1990 in which case you are "A" class and you can ride the 200.

Edited by SDC

But what im saying is there should be a Youth Novice like we do here because thats how my friend rides on his 250 and hes only 15 ..not sure when he was born though . Thats also like saying then if your not good enough then you might as well bugger off and not bother becuase i know some people that a 125 would not even pull for their age.

Fact - you are not insured to ride a 200 at ACU events regardless of which class you choose to enter. If you have an accident you could get a right shafting! And so could the club if they let you ride.

As things stand you need a 125 and you'll need one right up until you're 18 years old!!!