Freixa To Beta

Putting Freixa on a Scorpa and expecting him to podium would be the same as putting Dougie or Fugi on a Scorpa and expecting them to podium...

It would never happen.

Given that all the 2t bikes are all w/c 250cc "ish" what can be the big differences, maybe a few mm on length, a few mm here or there on rake or trail hardly a huge engineering conudrum to knock up a new set of yokes or add a few mil' to a swingarm or whatever.

Also as has been mentioned earlier take all the weight off the flywheel and a bit of porting here and there and that ole' yam motor can really sing! and make good solid power reliably!, so i am inclined to go with the something other than the bike theory, but i own a scorpa so i am of course hugely biased!!! :P:thumbup:

Putting Freixa on a Scorpa and expecting him to podium would be the same as putting Dougie or Fugi on a Scorpa and expecting them to podium...

It would never happen.

And on what exactly do you base this opinion?

In 2004, Freixa finished 5th overall.

In 2005, Frexia finished 6th overall.

In 2006, Frexia is 7th, after two rounds on a Scorpa.

Are you suggesting that we should have seen a dramatic down turn in Freixa's performance this year, simply because he was on a Scorpa? Or, that Dougie and Fuji would likewise see a down turn in their performance?

If there is a pattern in the results, it would appear to be a rider sliding slowly down the ladder of success. Expecting him to "podium" on any brand of bike is probably not a realistic expectation.

In 2004, Blazusiak finished 11th overall.

In 2005, Blazusiak finished 11th overall.

In 2006, Blazusiak is 8th, after two rounds on a Scorpa.

The sub-par bike = sub-par performance, theory doesn't appear to gain any support from Tad's performance so far either. And, I would imagine that Dougie and Fuji's skills are such that any brand they were on would be adequate to support podium results! :D

Hey DGS maybe I was a bit hard on Scorpa and the homework you have done suggests otherwise.

I just based my opinion, on what to me is obvious, look at the huge gap now between the scores,(down turn in results)where as Freixa was only a clean or so between the top result previously and was always a very real threat of a top three finish.

Now whether he is coming seventh or eleveth when your that far away from the main game, surely must have some bearing on his machinery and not his sudden lack of skill.

Your probably right with Dougie and Fugi,but put them both on a Scorpa and it would certainly bring a smile and a ray of hope to some of the less skilled (podium challenged :D )championship riders.

Trust me, falling out with scorpa is not very difficult! but then again I can fall out with anybody!!!!! :D

Did you ever get to meet Dabtser so that you could get to fall out with him in person?

I have that pleasure yet to come :D

I reckon theres too much hype about machines! Its easy for someone whos not riding well to blame the machine. This isnt formula 1, I cant see why the manufacturers cant produce similar results from a variety of machines.

Some of its in the head anyway, In golf you see top players changing their putters regular thinking it will make them better players.. The bit between the ears plays an important part I reckon.