Mission Completed

mich lin

I'd like to apologize to everyone for being so harsh for the past years.

I was simply trying to prove the point that our riders are not as good as they think they are in the USA. Finally Laia Sanz and the 125cc world riders proved that point once and for all. Seeing is believing, they spanked us!

I remember coming back into trials after a 20 year layoff and having to lisen to senior works riders who couldn't ride very well back in the 70s tell me how good they were today. How much better they rode now than back then, it was amazing, they still rode bad, only now they were old! They were only good in their own minds because they were winning national old guy titles year after year. WOW, it was amazing!

It was also madding hearing from some old guy Intermediate clubmen riders how the sections they rode were harder than what M. Lampkin, Rathmal, Vesty, Bernie, Marland, Sweet, Comer, Evans and the others rode while riding world rounds in the 70s. They told me how they were better today than the world round riders then. It was an amazing slap in the face to all these great rider of the past.

The final insult was the rewrite of US trials history that had taken place. How Bernie was the only US rider that had ever been any good and had an impact. Yet right under these same people's noses riders from the 70's came back like Curt Comer and Debbie Evans and had fantastic results in modern events 20 plus years after their prime.

Now finally we have seen the truth in the USA! We suck! We have only two male riders who can beat the ladies champion and we are lightyears off the rest of the planet's best men.

Perhaps people think I'm crazy! That's OK. But how crazy is it to think that our old guys are good riders? You know those who win those 40,45,50,55,60,65 and 70 year old national titles?

If anything drove me crazy it was that train of thought, hearing people claim that these old guys are great riders! That they deserved sponsorship insted of riders like Patrick Smage who might be a world champion. Now that's what drove me crazy.

Who can I sue?

I'd like to apologize to everyone for being so harsh for the past years.

I was simply trying to prove the point that our riders are not as good as they think they are in the USA. Finally Laia Sanz and the 125cc world riders proved that point once and for all. Seeing is believing, they spanked us! 

I remember coming back into trials after a 20 year layoff and having to lisen to senior works riders who couldn't ride very well back in the 70s tell me how good they were today. How much better they rode now than back then, it was amazing, they still rode bad, only now they were old! They were only good in their own minds because they were winning national old guy titles year after year. WOW, it was amazing!

It was also madding hearing from some old guy Intermediate clubmen riders how the sections they rode were harder than what M. Lampkin, Rathmal, Vesty, Bernie, Marland, Sweet, Comer, Evans and the others rode while riding world rounds in the 70s. They told me how they were better today than the world round riders then. It was an amazing slap in the face to all these great rider of the past.

The final insult was the rewrite of US trials history that had taken place. How Bernie was the only US rider that had ever been any good and had an impact. Yet right under these same people's noses riders from the 70's came back like Curt Comer and Debbie Evans and had fantastic results in modern events 20 plus years after their prime.

Now finally we have seen the truth in the USA! We suck! We have only two male riders who can beat the ladies champion and we are lightyears off the rest of the planet's best men.

Perhaps people think I'm crazy! That's OK. But how crazy is it to think that our old guys are good riders? You know those who win those 40,45,50,55,60,65 and 70 year old national titles?

If anything drove me crazy it was that train of thought, hearing people claim that these old guys are great riders! That they deserved sponsorship insted of riders like Patrick Smage who might be a world champion. Now that's what drove me crazy.

Who can I sue?

Totaly agree with you Lane, you completed your mission and proved to us all you were crazy :crying:

:P So your mission was to p*ssoff almost everybody?

Lane in this case actions speak louder that WORDS!

Enough of the blow lets see some GO!

We all know what your ideas are show us what you can do. I agree with some of what you say :crying: but you can't tear every thing and everybody down to get there.

It is very obvious that either you are passionate about this or you are just full of BULL****! :P

Edited by spinner

Spin, I'm full of Bultaco alright! Hey, what more can I do other than what I've already done?

*Sponsored the TDN team until the team manager asked me to stop.

*Entered the US nationals with the intent of practicing and riding again! But was banned because the NATC didn't like my training techniques!

*Turned the other cheek when my generation of riders was insulted right to my face, by riders who couldn't carry the helmet bag of Vesty, Marland, Bernie, Sweet and other past greats.

*Showed you guys how to go to Europe and score world championship points for the first time in 15 years by an American.

*Offered to minder and train any of todays top riders, No takers!

*Help train the 3 time US champion Califorina Youth trials team and I will continue to do so, when they want my help.

*Provided a proposal to the NATC that would turn around our declining riding standards without having any negative impact on the fantastic sportsmen nationals.

*Checked, layed out sections.

What's you're recent resume and what should be done?

Is it crazy to tell the truth, maybe! Hey, I'm simply the messinger, if you feel the need to shoot me, the one who carries the message, Go ahead! It won't solve the sagging US riding level problem.

Spinner, lisen and lisen up good! There is only one way in life to keep everyone happy. That is to say nothing, do nothing and be nothing. Then you can keep everyone happy! If that's your style, more power to ya buddy.

Edited by Mich Lin

Once Again LANE.

You have a son so show us how it is done. He does ride and like I have said he is a good rider. Put you energy towards him and stop all your crying.

I am pretty sure if we kept going on about how Daniel got spanked at the Youth Nationals (on the itstrials web site he is in 2nd)you would be insulted after a while. For some reason you like to insult the younger riders, but you tell me to pick on someone my own age. I am just being a messinger here.

Your posts go in cycles.

1st week. Positive posts. Short questions. Agreeable.

2nd week. Starts more combative. Ideas are more extreme.

3rd week. Very adjetative. Very extreme ideas. More insults to whom ever.

4th week. Insult the top riders, the US riders. Everyone is a loser except for you. The NATC sucks ect ect. Then everyone hammers you. The next week you are at week one. I think it a 28 day cycle. :crying:

Dont worry, according to the calander I have been keeping on you, the cramping should stop by Friday

What have you got against women?

Because you seem to find it revolting that some of our top men can't beat Laia. What's wrong with that? :crying:

And as for everything else, your ideas are good, but everything else is just a load of $#%@$#%$.

Dont worry, according to the calander I have been keeping on you, the cramping should stop by Friday
:P

I did not intend to attack you, I just want to see you practice what you preach!

Daniel is exactlly what I was referring too{thanks NO JIVE}!!!!! He has talent is a very good rider and if he doesn't have trials in his blood I don't know who has.

Me, I'm a nobody Ive only been doing this for 20 years. I toil in the backround helping my local club, helping friends at the Nationals when I can and I did judge at the World Round this and I'll do it again if I can.

:D Yes I help support riders for free,as soon as their importer sponsorship deal come they promise to compensate me. :crying:

We at least you didn't call me a smart*ss, thou Al can be a great host. I don't have the answers which you seem to have, but if not through Daniel then use the California riders ,you guys have a great bunch, to prove you ideas.

Show us your ideas in practice, like I said I think that some have merit :P:P

What have you got against women?

Because you seem to find it revolting that some of our top men can't beat Laia. What's wrong with that? :crying:

And as for everything else, your ideas are good, but everything else is just a load of $#%@$#%$.

quote]

Laia is only a benchmark, her gender is unimportant, as I see it. The top 5 of the 125 euro youth are probably better, so that leaves you guys where???????

I know lane is a pain but look through all the gunge and there is some tough reality there aswell, difficult to find I know.

I think most are well aware of the reality Nigel, James and Boyd, came over to Whistler mountain to snowboard this spring, because it's the best place in the world to do it.

The best place in the world for trials is Europe, and the best thing we can do for trials in the USA, is get more young riders doing it, more there is the better chance one may go all the way.

In the 70's this club I'm a member of, thought to compete against the Europeans they had to make the sections harder, they did!! it wasn't long after that, the entries went from 100 novice riders at a club event, [results to prove it] to the five or six we have now.

There is nothing stopping a person or persons starting a world championship youth academy for the young riders in the states, but those who are putting all the time and effort into club and national events probably have all they need on their plate.

I'll take care of my lads, and if Lane is as smart has he thinks he is, he would be best served doing the same.

Now I'm off to the club Wednesday night trial with my tykes :crying:

There is nothing stopping a person or persons starting a world championship youth academy for the young riders in the states, but those who are putting all the time and effort into club and national events probably have all they need on their plate

I seem to recall Dan inviting all or most of the HS class riders out last year, giving them free room and board for the week, and a great time to get together and practice during the summer.

If the top 1.25 kids from europe were any example, this needs to happen here more often. Those kids really push each other in practice!

I think contributions would go a long way in helping convince Dan to do this again and I would not mind helping. I'm sure others feel the same way.

:crying:

I think most are well aware of the reality Nigel, James and Boyd, came over to Whistler mountain to snowboard this spring, because it's the best place in the world to do it.

The best place in the world for trials is Europe, and the best thing we can do for trials in the USA, is get more young riders doing it, more there is the better chance one may go all the way.

In the 70's this club I'm a member of, thought to compete against the Europeans they had to make the sections harder, they did!! it wasn't long after that, the entries went from 100 novice riders at a club event, [results to prove it] to the five or six we have now.

There is nothing stopping a person or persons starting a world championship youth academy for the young riders in the states, but those who are putting all the time and effort into club and national events probably have all they need on their plate.

I'll take care of my lads, and if Lane is as smart has he thinks he is, he would be best served doing the same.

Now I'm off to the club Wednesday night trial with my tykes  :crying:

I am sure thats 100% right but what I can;t getget my head round is why you have no one who can ride WTC even badly. Junior ok Cody was 4th but where are the others. Whilst waynes world is not the definitive on much he has some points. Also if there was a parity in youth divisions that might get you started rather than evacuation here?

I seem to recall Dan inviting all or most of the HS class riders out last year, giving them free room and board for the week, and a great time to get together and practice during the summer.

I am pretty sure he is doing it again this year. This is what our kids need :crying:

Edited by sirhc

What we need is a lot of 1.25's, get Cody and Patrick, Kieth and others to come along to stir the pot with Bruce and Brent, and let them get after it!

The thing about the 1.25's is that you REALLY have to work the bike, and I'm not neccessarily referring to the big stuff here, just the mid sized and technical stuff that took its toll on all the Experts.

The Euro kids simply had better endurance and control in the tough sections and would find grip where others could not!

All those sections are still there, tape or no tape, just waiting to be cleaned!

That's another thing, how many of our riders practice on sections like that?

:D