Mission Completed

mich lin

Mark... you read my mind.. Ronnie and I will be beating those sections to death for the week prior to the youths and two weeks after.. He has more drive now than ever watching alexz and Louis and others .. he knows he has a year to get to the level they are now .. He has been riding everyday and has literally wasted two tires since Tn.. He'll be ready in a year....

Thanks Alexz and other 125 riders....

Ron

Ron,

Ronnie got a kick for sure riding with those kids and learned a lot about how they practice. It's spelled TOUGH and TECHNICAL! I was with him, by chance ,watching these kids and encouraged him to get in there with them. I spotted him for a bit to get him started and then he knew what he had to do! Kind of like some light bulb came on! I left and told him to keep it up and he did,

as they were making me tired just watching! I'm not trying to blow my own horn here, that's just how it went down, ask him. He's a good kid and rider as well, which is important!

I'm just glad to hear he's working like he is, seems that is what it takes, but even better is that he seemed to enjoy the challenge!

Now, if he just had a better minder that was not fat and out of shape and could scramble over them rocks faster than the rider? My gosh can them guys go!

All joking aside, that can be an issue in itself, as unfortunatly it does seems that there comes a point in time when kids would rather listen to ANYONE BUT their parents. I have a 16yr old too! And that is another story. There is also a point when the teacher becomes the student! Ask Les Mizell!

In closing on this topic, I will say that Ronnie was possibly the only one that I saw that really participated and gained as much insight as he did! ONE BIG STEP!

I need a beer now! :D

I rode in the same events in So Cal as Lane during the 70's. He was an Expert and I was an Amateur which was a class lower. In 1979 Lane was right up there with Bernie (the year he was World Champ) fighting for 1st place at our local events. So Lane was a world class rider during the 70's.

I stopped riding in 1980 and started again in 1990. The sport had completely changed because of the bikes and the new techniques enabled by the new light bikes. I went back to the riding areas where we had events in the 70's and rode sections that 12 years earlier only Bernie would try. Many popular riding areas in the 70's would be unacceptable for trials today because of the lack of terrain. In the early 70's we didn't even wear helmets. If you took a Support rider on a 2004 Beta back to the 1970's he would be World Champ. The reason Americans can't compete on a world level now is because the learning curve has steepened so much that they are afraid to attempt the world lines because they are dangerous. During the 70's I was able to ride some of the Expert lines with some success after an event. This is when we had several So Cal Experts go to Europe and do very well, so our local events were a good training ground for World competition. Now I think Support riders are afraid to try Pro lines the same way our Pros are afraid to try World lines.

Lane,

You have pounded this subject to death! You are right it does not seem that there is anyone who really wants to spend the time energy and money to compete with the WTC guys. I believe that some of the young guys have maybe thought about it but really what is in it for them? In this country there are only a few guys who are making a living off of the sport. Ryan, Ron, Geoff, and a few others who really LOVE the sport are able to be involved in trials "Full Time".

You cannot get a college scholarship to ride trials, only a few can really make a living at it. The life style of the guys competing at the World level is one that few would really want, traveling all over the world all year may sound fun but it would get old after a short period of time.

Why are you so angry? If the US riders are happy then BACK OFF, we are riding trials because we LOVE the sport and have FUN riding with our friends and family. I ride with my two sons and it is a great way to spend time with them and build great memories. If you want a World Champion then find a young man or woman who has the skill and drive to become one, it is going to take a very special person to do it in this country, they will probably have to move to Europe. Remember a guy named Lance. One thing about Lance he was able to make a very nice living racing bicycles. That is not going to happen here in Trials. Not for a long time, just look at the way we are marketing the sport, we are marketing it as a circus act, the guys out doing demos are hurting the sport as much as they are helping it. People watch their circus act, shake their heads and then walk away, not many of them say, I want to do that or I want my child to do that. Now go to a Supercross and at half time the little kids get out on the little bikes and race around the course and everybody thinks it is so cute, they think it would be great for their kid to be able to do that. It is a simple job of marketing.

LIke I said, I think 99% of us understand that Trials in the US is a WONDERFUL family sport and we ride for the FUN and enjoyment we get out of it. It is going to take an influx of MONEY to make a change.

If you have the time energy and money to make that change then GO FOR IT, meanwhile do something to get rid of the anger you seem to have, maybe you should go ride one of your bikes.

Please stop beating up the NATC and all of the rest of the US riders, we love the sport and are having a great time.

Wayne

Here’s a suggestion for you, If you can put Ross Danby up at Sequatchie for a couple of weeks and sort a gasser 125 (he will bring his own engine), I will cover his costs to get him over there and show you guys how he rides a 125.

(Subject to me checking his diary & commitments)

Again ,Lane Laia Sanz was 4th and 5th vs US PROS not 2nd Lane. Atom, The training days are coming very soon In early July . Are there no conflicts at that time in Ross events schedule? Check w/ Dan Brown he has email contact on his <trialstrainingcenter> site I would kick in $100 to cover some of the air fare and drive to Memphis airport to pick Ross up >I will be at TTC w/ Pat and maybe Phil for the period roughly July 3 through July 17th let me know if you are serious or if the timing works .

we flew into Atlanta last time, could we do the same?

I will probably go as well and I can sort transport to the TTC center. Just need some accomodation and some grub for the week and that would do great!

EDIT : actually, dont need to worry about the grub as I will cover that :D

Edited by AtomAnt

What we want to do is spend a week practicing at that venue as the trials terrain was superb. At the same time, it maybe a good idea if the US youths who were riding 125 were there as well as I'm sure Ross wouldn't mind spending some time explaining how he controls the machine like he does.

I antcipate being there for a full week but we will need a bike and some lodgings.. I can cover the rest as I said.

We could do this august/september time I reckon so it would give you guys some time to organise something? You can email me ian AT trialscentral.com if you want :D